Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jen9512 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Help Me Find My Baby
    I have taken several urine and blood tests & all negative. My tubes have been tied for 12 1/2 yrs. I have had a very abnormal period for about 6 months. I look every bit of 6 plus months pregnant. I am having baby movement and kicks. Ultrasound showed I had an enlarged uterus but no signs of baby. I have gained almost 30 pounds and it appears to be all baby. Doctor won't go any further in finding out what is wrong. I started having pains in my left side and I have been bleeding lightly with mucus (a little) for 7 days now. What do I do. And do I need to go to ER
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2013, 05:12 PM
    If you were 6 months pregnant it would show up on ultrasound.

You had your tubes tied 12 1/2 years ago. You've had nothing but negative tests. You had an ultrasound claiming that you feel kicks and movement, but the ultrasound showed no baby.

You can go to the ER, but there's likely little they can do. They don't normally diagnose.

I can only say that it really doesn't sound like pregnancy. Maybe wishful thinking. Maybe another issue that has yet to be diagnosed. But at 6 months a baby would have shown up on ultrasound. There's nowhere other than your tubes that it could hide, and at 6 months, if this were a tubal pregnancy, you'd be dead. So I'd bet that you're not pregnant. This is either another medical issue that needs to be diagnosed (I'd see a new doctor), or a mental issue that also needs to be diagnosed and treated.

But pregnancy? Unlikely based on what you wrote.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 6, 2013, 04:56 AM
    Alty is 100% correct. At 6 months, there is no way they would not find a baby via ultrasound or blood work.

I do think you should continue to search for answers, but do not go to the ER because this is not an emergency. Gas pains could account for the movement you're feeling. Ovarian cysts might also be possible, but those are often detected by regular or transvaginal ultrasound and CA-125 blood tests. Have they discussed the possibility of endometriosis with you? Of course we can't diagnose you online, but those are some suggestions.

Good luck to you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Agree, no way to miss a baby at 6 months,

Perhaps the doctor is not doing more, since there is nothing he can do.

You need to go to another type of doctor for find real reason for your problem
    zh11 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2013, 10:12 AM
    I agree with everyone. If you were pregnant something would have come back positive. It is not something that is going to kill you today so don't go to the ER. I would find a different doctor and see if there is something that they can do differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find out what's going on with my baby [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old baby boy who has turned blue on his hand feet and lips twice this week, we have also noticed he has a fingnail that looks like all of it is about to fall off.. He has had blood work done and everything looked good. So, my question is could it be a problem with circulation?

Where to ask a help to find the father of your baby? [ 1 Answers ]

I' Already Labor now, my baby is already 3 months now, and since I pregnant the Father of my baby did not help me or support me.. I only want is he have to support our baby.. The Father of my baby is Korean. If I ask his friend where he is They said he is in Korea now, but I can fell that, That...

How to find out if its my sons baby [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out if my son is the father of his ex,s twins she says they r his but slept with my son and her ex hushand about same time , I asked about dna test and she said no she has nothing to prove , *** can u tell me is there anything we ...

View more questions Search