Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JanBabe1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2013, 09:48 AM
    Downloaded pics
    If I opened an email and clicked on the picture in the email to view... is it still on my computer after I close it? I didn't save it. Would it be on the server?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2013, 09:50 AM
    It was downloaded somewhere on your computer. It may have been purged. It may be still on the mail server that sent it or not. No way to be sure.

May 29, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    It was downloaded somewhere on your computer. It may have been purged. It may be still on the mail server that sent it or not. No way to be sure.
    Not very helpful

May 29, 2013, 10:41 AM
    What do you want? When you click on a picture it downloads it to a folder on your hard drive. Depending on your operating system (a fact you didn't tells us) and/or your e-mail client (another fact you didn't tell us), it may go to the downloads folder, your pictures folder or some other folder. If you paid attention when you clicked on it, you would probably have seen.

And, again without knowing what e-mail client or service, or who sent it, I can't tell whether its still on the mail server.

You want more helpful answers, then don't ask such vague barebones questions.

May 29, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Wow, if you didn't want to know if it was helpful or not, don't ask us to reply whether it was or not.

I don't understand computers that well, that is why I asked the question... it was in my hotmail email account. If that helps?? All it said when I clicked on the picture was if I wanted to Open or Save and I choose Open.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Ok, now that you have clarified the situation here is what has happened. When you click "open" it does not save it to your computer in a traditional manner. It does save it to a temporary file on your computer. The tamporary file will last until it is cleared off. Most browsers have an option to clear cache and temporary files when you close the browser. If you have that checked off or you use other programs like ccleaner (its free) then it should be erased from your system.

If you remember the file name you may be able to search for it if your temporary file name wasn't changed when it was saved.

May 29, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Thank you for your help!

May 29, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBabe1 View Post
    Wow, if you didn't want to know if it was helpful or not, don't ask us to reply whether it was or not.
    I do want to know if my reply was helpful or not, but how can you judge if you didn't understand the answer. If you had said, I'm sorry, but I don't know much about computers so I'm not sure what you said, I would have been happy to detail further or ask questions to help me answer you better. But to just tell me I didn't help was rude.

I see cdad, beat me to it to explain, but it illustrates what I said. Had your original post said that you clicked on Open from your Hotmail account I would have answered similarly to cdad, who gave a correct answer by the way. Like I said, it was saved to your hard drive but may have been purged. .
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

May 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
    If you want to view the file chances are it's in your user profile temp folder. To access this folder go to start and type %temp% in the search bar and hit enter. The file is more than likely to be saved in this folder.

May 30, 2013, 10:50 AM
    Thank you!
    samroche Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 11:34 PM
    It happened because your PC got hanged for sometime i.e you still see those images even if they are not saved on PC.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 3, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Anytime you view a picture it has to be placed on the PC somewhere or you will not be able to see it. Even websites with pictures and adds on them load said pictures gifs and flv files into your temp file area. Just look through the temp files and see for yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Songs not getting downloaded. [ 5 Answers ]

Whenever I click on a link to download any song , it does not get downloaded it starts playing on VLC media player. I have changed my tool option in mozilla Firefox to always ask but still no effect. The songs still keep playing irrespective of the site.

Downloaded photo's [ 2 Answers ]

When I download photo's from a Cd on to my PC I get doubles every time... but I know there not double on the Cd.. when I download straight from camera its fine . Can anybody explain what I'm doing wrong... if anything ?

What am I missing that needs to be downloaded? [ 9 Answers ]

MP4 players!! I just bought my son a MP4 player and for the life of me can not seem to be able to load it with music... I did download on the windows media player and dragged them to be able to download and for the life of me, it will not download onto the mp4 player. Somehow while it is doing...

Downloaded [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me? :-/ I have downloaded 2 movies off Kazaa and both are playing in Audio only. I know the whole movie is there but can not seem to access it. Do I need to download sme software? And if so what and where? Thanks Karloz

View more questions Search