Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Internet options won't open
    All of a sudden, my internet options won't open. It flashes on the screen, but disappears. I have tried opening it from Tools, control panel, everywhere, no luck
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria2day
    All of a sudden, my internet options wont open. It flashes on the screen, but disappears. I have tried opening it from Tools, control panel, everywhere, no luck
    Try a restart.

Dec 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Restart was the first thing I tried. This problem has been going on for about a month. Ive tried virus scans etc. I think there is something wrong with my settings. Either that, or my boyfriend has been screwing around with my computer again
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Go to Start, Run Type in the Open box CMD – this will open Command Prompt box (Black)

At the C:\ prompt type this line : netsh winsock reset ---->enter

Internet options wont open - Google Search

Hope this helps -- Please rate my answer

Dec 29, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Thanks Biggsie, but no luck. I successfully reset whatever it was I was resetting, but still no internet options. Thanks anyway
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 01:55 AM
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818018
    teser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 01:59 AM
    I'm having the same problem with internet options flashing on the screen and then disappearing - did you find a solution?
    Terry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot open internet explorer [ 3 Answers ]

For some reason, I cannot log on to Internet explorer... the screen pops up but the connecting to site 127 etc... wont let me log on... I can log on to my AOL acct... but when I go to sites that require IE... it won't let me log on... Help :confused:

My itunes won't open at all, does anybody know how to get it to open? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got my computer back after having new virus scanns on my computer downloaded.. and I have used itunes since then but last night when I logged out and logged back in this morning, when I click on itunes, all that happens is it has the mouse thing which looks like its loading for a couple...

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

Internet options [ 2 Answers ]

Windows xp sp 2 Under the connection setting in the internet options where you can chose to auto detect settings mine keeps changing to the prox server setting by itself and then pages don't seem to work right I change it to auto seems all right till I am online again then it has chnaged to...

View more questions Search