Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texxxas Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Mar 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
    secret lovers behind my best friend's back.
    this is complicated, I'm going to simplify the situation as much as possible

about a year ago, my best friend of 11 years (I'm only 22) ran into one of her old co-workers and they started talking, he invited her out to parties and places but never really took her on a date, one day he asked her if she OR her room mate (me) wanted to meet up with him at a party, she was offended because he said "OR" so she kind of told him off, he then confessed that he wasn't looking for a relationship and he just wanted to hang out, a few months later, we find out he had a girlfriend, who he's been with for 4 years. So, of course my best friend, our girls and I trash talk him, a few months later he randomly texted me telling me he thought I was cute and that he likes me, etc. but I didn't know who the text was from so I just kept asking who is this? He wouldn't tell me because he said he was on my $hi+-list, finally he told me and I laughed about it and it was all good from there.

we started texting each other randomly, for fun, and we have the same friends, so when I went out with my friends, I, of course, would run into him, I knew he had a girlfriend, so I didn't bother trying to pursue anything with him, we remained friends, however one day his friend and one of my girlfriends invited me and him to go eat with them, so we did, he and I flirted with each other all night but I still remained kind of distant, for he had a girlfriend but he told me didn't.

on our birthday (3 days apart) we ironically chose the same spot to celebrate and I saw his girlfriend there, I was kind of mad because he led me to believe he was single so I just ignored him the rest of the night/week, he kept texting me and asking why I was being so short with him, and I told him because he had a girlfriend and I respect that.

few months past, we're still chit chatting, still friends and all and I get drunk at a club and he happens to be there so he offers to take me home and will bring me back to my car in the morning, I go to his place and puke everywhere, he takes care of me and we ended up kissing (he gave me mouthwash, lol) next morning, took me to my car and we were all good.

few weeks go by and we start liking each other more and more, his friends start knowing about us and people start asking what's up with us and I start to grow feelings for him and crashing at his place a lot and hanging out with him and talking to him allll the time. I asked him what was up with how he acted to my best friend and he ends up telling me that he was never interested in her and wanted to hang out with her because they used to work together, but that he was interested in me alll along. I heard through the grapevine of our friends that he was still with his girlfriend, so I went off on him and we didn't talk for a week, he emailed me, texted me, called me and talked to my friends, trying to tell me that it was just a rumor from his ex, who was jealous and we made up and things just got better from there.

We hung out for thanksgiving and exchanged gifts on christmas, all the while, my best friend has NOOO CLUE, this is going on, I felt really crappy but didn't want to tell her because I know she wouldn't be okay with it because in her mind, she thinks they dated. (no kissing, no hand holding, not even a one on one, NOTHING)

one day, she goes out on a date with HIS room mate and his room mate busts on us and tells her how cute we are and she freaks out, she texted me and was sooo upset, she said she felt like I betrayed her and asked why I wasn't upfront with her, I apologized and we remain friends, problem is, she said if I would've told her from the beginning about liking him she would've not liked it but would've accepted it, but since I hid it, she doesn't want me dating him because she says it's inappropriate for me to date him, (which is kind of wrong of her to ask of me because she's seeing his room mate now, so she's really no better) but it sucks because he and I have grown feelings for each other and have slept together and do all the things couples do...

I told her I would stop hanging out with him but I'm stillllll seeeing him and we're getting really serious, I don't want to hurt my best friend, I love her to death, but at the same time, I care about this guy so much, I don't want to stop seeing him.

what should I do? I know I should tell her, but at the same time I told her I wouldn't see him anymore so I'm thinking maybe I should just stop seeing him, any idea on how to break it to her or what I should do?
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by texxxas
    this is complicated, i'm gonna simplify the situation as much as possible

bout a year ago, my best friend of 11 years (i'm only 22) ran into one of her old co-workers and they started talking, he invited her out to parties and places but never really took her on a date, one day he asked her if she OR her room mate (me) wanted to meet up with him at a party, she was offended because he said "OR" so she kinda told him off, he then confessed that he wasn't looking for a relationship and he just wanted to hang out, a few months later, we find out he had a girlfriend, who he's been with for 4 years. So, of course my best friend, our girls and i trash talk him, a few months later he randomly texted me telling me he thought i was cute and that he likes me, ect. but i didn't know who the text was from so i just kept asking who is this? he wouldn't tell me because he said he was on my -list, finally he told me and i laughed about it and it was all good from there.

we started texting eachother randomly, for fun, and we have the same friends, so when i went out with my friends, i, of course, would run into him, i knew he had a gf, so i didn't bother trying to pursue anything with him, we remained friends, however one day his friend and one of my girlfriends invited me and him to go eat with them, so we did, he and i flirted with eachother all night but i still remained kinda distant, for he had a gf but he told me didn't.

on our birthday (3 days apart) we ironically chose the same spot to celebrate and i saw his girlfriend there, i was kinda mad because he led me to believe he was single so i just ignored him the rest of the night/week, he kept texting me and asking why i was being so short with him, and i told him because he had a gf and i respect that.

few months past, we're still chit chatting, still friends and all and i get drunk at a club and he happens to be there so he offers to take me home and will bring me back to my car in the morning, i go to his place and puke everywhere, he takes care of me and we ended up kissing (he gave me mouthwash, lol) next morning, took me to my car and we were all good.

few weeks go by and we start liking eachother more and more, his friends start knowing about us and people start asking what's up with us and i start to grow feelings for him and crashing at his place alot and hanging out with him and talking to him allll the time. I asked him what was up with how he acted to my best friend and he ends up telling me that he was never interested in her and wanted to hang out with her because they used to work together, but that he was interested in me alll along.

we even hung out for thanksgiving and exchanged gifts on christmas, all the while, my best friend has NOOO CLUE, this is going on, i felt really crappy but didn't wanna tell her because i know she wouldn't be okay with it

one day, she goes out on a date with HIS room mate and his room mate busts on us and tells her how cute we are and she freaks out, she texted me and was sooo upset, she said she felt like i betrayed her and asked why i wasn't upfront with her, i apologized and we remain friends, problem is, she said if i would've told her from the beginning about liking him she would've not liked it but would've accepted it, but since i hid it, she doesn't want me dating him because she says it's inappropriate for me to date him, (which is kinda wrong of her to ask of me because she's seeing his room mate now, so she's really no better) but it sucks because he and i have grown feelings for eachother and have slept together and do all the things couples do...

i told her i would stop hanging out with him but i'm stillllll seeeing him and we're getting really serious, i don't want to hurt my best friend, i love her to death, but at the same time, i care about this guy so much, i don't want to stop seeing him.

what should i do? i know i should tell her, but at the same time i told her i wouldn't see him anymore so i'm thinking maybe i should just stop seeing him, any idea on how to break it to her or what i should do?
    I think you need to set some boundries with your friend. She shouldn't tell you who u can and can't date. That's a little weird. If he makes you happy then go with it. Just tell her this is how it is and if she doesn't like it oh well. If she's really your friend she will stand by you and not try to manipulate the situation.
    DogLover62 Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Okay if this girl is your best friend than you should tell her and if she does not accept the fact you are seeing this guy than she is not your best friend. She is seeing he's roommate which means it should not bother her about this guy and you.Yes they all say no guy is worth a best friend but the otherside is you love this guy and her and since she's dating someone else it should not bother her and you need to tell her that. Its not like she loves him and talks about him constantly while your seeing that guy behind her back. She's with someone else and your with him she needs to build a bridge and get over it. Like how would she like it if you didn't want her seeing the guys she's with I'm sure she would feel the same way as you would.

DogLover62

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Friend's Dog [ 4 Answers ]

My really good friend just got a 3 month old Bichon Frise/Chiwawa mix. I have a 1 yr. old female doxie. She is potty trained to go on pads and outside, but she still has mistakes once in a while. My friend brought his dog over and the dog peed in my house 5 times (all in different places in the...

Dog lovers? [ 40 Answers ]

Does anybody else here share my concern about the 10,000,000 dogs slaughtered every year for lack of homes? Many of them live short, miserable lives before a less than humane death. This is graphic, Brightlion | In Hope The dog forums I have been a part of are uniformly anti breeding. I don't...

Involved with best friend's ex [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I am kind of in a very sticky situation. My best friend and I have been best friends for about 11 years or so and I love her so much, but something has come up that is troublesome and awkward for both of us. Last month or so she tells me that one night when a bunch of my friends and I were...

My Friend's new book is Awful - What do I say? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I just reestablished e-contact with an old college friend; we dated a little and were thinking of taking things up again. He sent me a copy of a book he just wrote and is trying to publish; he is very anxious to hear my opinion and is hounding me for it. I think it's a mess! It's all over...

Should I keep it a secret? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this exchange student last year from Germany and he sat behind me in my English Junior class. I didn't get to know him until the last few days of school because I was too shy to interact. When I finally got to know him, he caught my heart. At that time, however, I thought it was just...

View more questions Search