Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 13, 2009, 09:15 AM
    I feel always feel sad at school
    I don't know why but lately I've feel sad at school. It feels like it's always dark and depressed. I know I'm not in depression because at home, I'm fine and happy. At school, I would not laugh naturally or anything like that. I have lack of interest in people, my friends, compare to when I used to be.

I'm always sad and bored, nothing at school ever excites me. I know that it's me, it's not the schools fault. My school is fine. It's me. I'm always tired, bored, and sad. When people come and talk to me, I have nothing to talk about, like I said, I think that is part of lacking interest in my friends.

As soon as I get home, all my happiness pours out. I began to joke around and laugh naturally. I talk openly, I talk a lot.

I could never smiles or laugh naturally at school anymore, I don't know why. When someone tells a joke, I force out a smile or a laugh. It sounds very similar to "HA-HA! Oh my, that's funny...", I know I don't mean it, even though the joke is actually funny. I'm always quiet these days, not talking much, I try to lighten up, but it wouldn't work. I tried to smile a lot, but its just a plain smile, not meaning anything.

What is wrong with me? I know I'm not depressed for sure! I feel like I'm never noticed, never mentioned. I don't feel that I matter...

(By the way, I'm not staying in my bed all day long or whatever. I make straight A's, leading a normal life without the happiness and interest)
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Feb 13, 2009, 08:58 PM

School isn't for everyone. I hated it. I tried to go to college after high school and dropped out after 2 weeks. It is a depressing place in my opinion.

I also think that maybe it depends on the school. I remember having classes with no windows... Those memories still stick with me. Dark, depressing, and cold.

Try talking to a guidance councilor and maybe he can help in some way. Id oyu are doing well, like you say you are grade wise, they may be willing to bend some rules for you... maybe give you an independent study period.
    TL4ever Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2009, 08:34 PM

Hmm, are you sick or something? Plus, don't force yourself to do such things, if you don't feel like laughing, don't, if you don't feel like smiling don't
    There's always a friend there who you can talk to and will accept you if u don't feel like being "cheerful, and smilie"
    Hmm, maybe it's a teacher who's bothering u?
    Or there's just something new happening that your not used to?
    mommagirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 05:49 AM
    When I go to school I start feeling sad and last time I went to school I cried at school. I cried amoslt ever grade and in 3rd grade I cried cause I hate leavein my family am so crazy my mom said nothing to be sad about and I went to school I cried again! And I got use to I. and then I had fs and ds not a]s . I had bad grades I all ways cry .school in 4 days :(
    sagan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 11:02 PM
    In 2 weeks I have to back to school and it's the worst place in the world. I don't see why anyone would want summer to end because there's absoultly nothing enjoyble about school. You just work your off and hardly talk to anyone if you want to make it through the year without summer school. I'm in a lot of pain because of summer ending and I don't know if I'll be able to handle it when it happens. I'm scared I will end up wallowing in sadness and my grades will suck. My parents will yell at me because of it and make me more depressed. And the cycle will go on and on until I will be suicidal. It's happened before. Last year I swallowed the loss of summer and "did what I had to do" which to make it short was work my off and not let my emotions get in the way. I barely made it and now I have to go through that again. I have been depressed for almost for years because of school. And I don't see it getting better.
    abdurrahman0487 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 04:28 AM
    Similar here.
    I haven't studied or been in school for over 6 months; I've been dropped out for that reason.
    Now I wanted to repeat the 10th grade. School started one week ago, the first time I attended was yesterday, today is the SECOND day I attend, felt so depressed and sad and was likely non existent in my class.

Again! Over six months no school, now tried again and failed within 2 days :'((((
    ems124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 11:36 AM
    I feel exactly like that. I don't know what to do because I don't want to tell my parents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

How should I feel about this? I feel betrayed and upset [ 13 Answers ]

Another thing, I just found out this morning. Ages I've been on my boyfriends Facebook on my phone to edit stuff for him (he knew about this) and gave me his password. He's changed it now though and I don't know it which is fine because he wants his privacy. However, now, I couldn't get on my own...

View more questions Search