Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALFisher Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 07:03 AM
    Need Help with Honda Harmony 1011 Blade Belt
    Recently bought a used Honda Harmony 1011 SA (gear, not hydrostatic). I almost immediately began having problems with the blade belt. It would engage only on the lowest blade height settings. Eventually, it rolled off the tensioner pulley, at which time I replaced it with a Honda belt.

I then leveled the deck (right to left and front to back), made sure the blade was 2 inches per the manual at height level 2, and I lined the tensioner arm up with the markings on the deck -- all per the manual.

I head out to mow, and all goes well for about 30 minutes. Then, the belt again comes off the tensioner pulley, and loops around the wrong side of it (outside).

The tensioner pulley looks higher than the idler pulley when engaged. I do not know if this is the problem or not. I have not changed any bearings, which could be my problem, but the pulleys seemed to move OK when I turned them with the mower deck removed. Thanks for any advice.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Hi,
    I would say you have diagnosed the visible sign of the problem. Check hardware that the pulley attach to. Honda is not known for its good breakdowns, but here is a link to one(Note: Check PTO Clutch and Tensioner Arm.):
    All Years H1011R SA RIDING MOWER, USA Honda Riding Mower Parts
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jul 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    I would say you have diagnosed the visible sign of the problem. Check hardware that the pulley attach to. Honda is not known for its good breakdowns, but here is a link to one(Note: Check PTO Clutch and Tensioner Arm.):
    All Years H1011R SA RIDING MOWER, USA Honda Riding Mower Parts
    Peace,
    Clarke
    When you say "not known for its good breakdowns" what do you mean exactly? When they breakdown they are expensive? Or they are hard to fix?

I am going to take the deck into a local dealer and have them look at the bearings for me.

Jul 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
    Hi,
    I solemnly say that I was not speaking of a failure when I said breakdown. I simply meant that it is not too obvious what you are looking at. MTD and others do this as well. You can have a difficult time tying the pieaces of the picture together.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jul 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
    I had the bearings checked and the parts dealer said they seemed fine to him. I ran it for about 30 minutes, and again, the blade belt broke. It was running great for that 30 minutes. The last 5 minutes or so, I did run through some high grass. I wonder if that did it? I really like this mower, so please help if you can.

Aug 6, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Hi,
    Should not do that. Check the spindle brake, it stops the spindle when the deck is disengaged. It may be dragging.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    jakobj3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Good afternoon,

First, I must say that I am not a small engine mechanic, but experienced this similar problem and have found that the Collar C, TensionE (#17) wears out and causes the Collar Tension (#15) to rub a larger hole into the Arm Tensioner. This is the result in the movement from its position ("higher than the idler pulley when engaged"). To fix my problem I replaced the ARM, TENSIONER COLLAR C, TENSIONE (x2), COLLAR, TENSION, WASHER (10.3MM). The list of parts I purchased is below. I did add a new STOPPER D, BELT (#10) because the belt bent is several times until I figured out the problem. You may not need to replace this.

Second, there is good news. I fixed my mower for less then $80.00, with a new belt being fifty percent of the total cost. To repair the problem remove the BOLT, FLANGE (10X8) then the "collar tension assembly". Replace the needed parts and reattach the assembly. Remember to line the tensioner arm up with the markings on the deck.

I found the best prices and service at Boats.net. I the below hyper link will take you to the parts manual.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Riding%20Mower/0/H1011%20SA%20RIDING%20MOWER,%20USA,%20VIN%23%20MZA W-6000001/TENSIONER%20ARM/parts.html

11-50372-MR8-000 : COLLAR
    11-76123-772-L01 : ARM, TENSIONER
    11-90527-230-000 : WASHER (10.3MM)
    11-91559-772-L00 : COLLAR, TENSION
    11-91568-772-L01 : COLLAR C, TENSIONER
    11-94103-10800 : WASHER, PLAIN (10MM)

11-76257-772-L00 : STOPPER D, BELT
    11-94001-08000-0S : NUT, HEX. (8MM) IN STOCK
    11-90101-750-920 : BOLT, SPECIAL (8X20)
    jakobj3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2012, 05:24 PM
    The belt is 76181-772-L02
    Flyer Floater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Hi All
    My riding Harmony, not near by so can't give the model # has had the same problem of the belt coming off the tensioner and going to the back side for years. What I have done time after time is bend the tensioner arm to better track with the rest of the system, that works for a short or long time depending on how high the grass is or what sticks or rocks find their way to the blade. The arm needed to be made of a heavier material or a heat treated steel to resist the bending issue with the increased load. I also have had the fixed idler to the rear of the tensioner bend somewhat adding to belt alignment problems.
    Cheers,
    BP

Aug 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
    My problem was the out of alignment pulleys it seems. I took the deck off and took it to nearest Honda place which checked the bearings out as OK. They adjusted the pulleys for me and we put belt on. Took it home, leveled the deck again and it's been cutting great ever since. Now I need to sharpen the blade!
    kelmark2590 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Here is a link to the belt 76181-772-L02 on Partspak.com:

http://www.partspak.com/productcart/pc/Honda-76181-772-L02-V-BELT-BLADE-4575p366966.htm

PartsPak.com prices are usually the lowest on Honda parts. You can just enter the part number in their search bar or use their free parts diagrams. They also have pictures for most of their parts, so that you can make sure you are buying the right part the first time.
    kelmark2590 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 08:07 AM
    If you choose to change the blade here is the part on Yamaha Honda Mercury Boat Jet Ski ATV Motorcycle Repair Parts Johnson Evinrude Suzuki Kawasaki Polaris - PartsPak.com.

Honda H1011 SA Mower Blade

I find they have the cheapest prices on Honda parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What belt do I need for blade belt on a Honda Harmony 1011 riding mower. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the size of belt for the blade belt on Honda Harmony 1011 30" cut riding mower? I need a replacement on this machine.

Honda Harmony 1011 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a harmony 1011 riding tractor but when I go to turn the blades it turns on but the shuts of like a coupe seconds after any suggestions

Removal of Harmony 1011 blade [ 1 Answers ]

I have the 30" blade with 3 bolts, the outside two are slightly larger and I was able to remove them. The center bolt is smaller (6/14?) and it is frozen and partially stripped now. I don't know if it unbolts to the left like the others or to the right? Any help anyone? Ed

Blade drive belt for Honda Harmony H1011H [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a replacement blade drive V-Belt (generic) for Honda H1011H other than the original Honda parts?? Where can we find the spec. (I e. Size, thickness and length). Of this Honda Blade drive belt number 7681-772-L02 and engine drive belt number 7684-772-003?? Is there any other make belt that...

Honda harmony 1011 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have two issues on my Harmony 1011. First problem, it has been a while getting a lot of black smoke came out when operating. I tried 92 rated gas, changed the engine oil and spark plug but it didn't help. The spark plug look burn very dark and black deposit on it after just 2 times of mowing....

View more questions Search