Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    despicableme Posts: 145, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You can teach them a thing to two now about resume construction. You are planning to attend the career fair, right? And will reapply at Goodwill, right?
    Yes, I am. And I see a some job openings for Milwaukee Sportservice at Miller Park, some at Petco ( I hope I really get) Goodwill, Hospital Food Service and a bunch of dishwasher jobs.

I'm really hoping for Petco. I would love to be around some animals even though don't have much experience. Couldn't volunteer for humane society because I don't have health insurance or a doctor.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 02:57 PM
    When I was in high school and nervous about doing a presentation in front of a class, my dad told me that I am the expert for this presentation topic and also just imagine everyone sitting there in their underwear. That helped a lot, to the point I was almost laughing during my presentation. So go to that job fair and remember that you are the expert about you -- and you've proven that by narrowing down the resume to fit the kinds of jobs you would be good at. You might want to skip the underwear visuals, though.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by despicableme View Post
    Yes, I am. And I see a some job openings for Milwaukee Sportservice at Miller Park, some at Petco ( I hope I really get) Goodwill, Hospital Food Service and a bunch of dishwasher jobs.

I'm really hoping for Petco. I would love to be around some animals even though don't have much experience. Couldn't volunteer for humane society because I don't have health insurance or a doctor.
    Petco would probably be putting products in their right places in the storeroom once they come off delivery trucks and then cases and crates on pallets into the store, stocking shelves, facing the items, keeping the shelves stocked, doing inventory, cleaning cages of the small animals and maybe fish tanks -- sounds like a job I would like too. The biggest challenge would be to learn how to deal with customers who want to find something in the store and see you working there, so will ask for help.

Jan 5, 2013, 03:07 PM
    Xx

Jan 5, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Petco would probably be putting products in their right places in the storeroom once they come off delivery trucks and then cases and crates on pallets into the store, stocking shelves, facing the items, keeping the shelves stocked, doing inventory, cleaning cages of the small animals and maybe fish tanks -- sounds like a job I would like too. The biggest challenge would be to learn how to deal with customers who want to find something in the store and see you working there, so will ask for help.
    Lol. I feel better now for some reason thank you.

People asking me for help wouldn't be a problem. I would show them and go back to what I was doing. No biggie. The problem would be if they wanted to start a conversation. Or had to sale something, or give out cash basically working the front cashier.

Jan 5, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Wow 100 + for a counseling session? It's cheaper to just dull everything with alcohol.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Lol. I feel better now for some reason thank you.

People asking me for help wouldn't be a problem. I would show them and go back to what I was doing. No biggie. The problem would be if they wanted to start a conversation. Or had to sale something, or give out cash basically working the front cashier.
    My son worked for Osco during high school, was a stock clerk, and never was asked to do any cashiering. My Asperger's friend from my writers' group is a stock clerk for Walgreen's and has never touched the cash register -- not part of his job description. If someone tries to engage him in conversation, he just says, "Sorry. Gotta keep working or I'll get fired."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Wow 100 + for a counseling session? It's cheaper to just dull everything with alcohol.
    Don't believe everything you read. At Catholic Charities we charged $25 or whatever you could pay per session. My uncle paid a psychiatrist $3/session based on his non-existent income. I've had clients who got counseling from me on a barter system.

Jan 5, 2013, 03:22 PM
    My son worked for Osco during high school, was a stock clerk, and never was asked to do any cashiering. My Asperger's friend from my writers' group is a stock clerk for Walgreen's and has never touched the cash register -- not part of his job description. If someone tries to engage him in conversation, he just says, "Sorry. Gotta keep working or I'll get fired."
    Oh.. OK.. wondergirl thanks again for your help I'm having stomach & back pains and going to see if I can dull them with sleep.. I'm tried right now anyway. Good Night.

Jan 5, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Don't believe everything you read. At Catholic Charities we charged $25 or whatever you could pay per session. My uncle paid a psychiatrist $3/session based on his non-existent income. I've had clients who got counseling from me on a barter system.
    Guess just got to suck it up and call them hun.. *yawn* think I am going to sleeep

Jan 5, 2013, 05:52 PM
    I'm reading some symptoms and I think I may have atypical depression, the over eating and over sleeping is spot on also possibly avoidant personality disorder but not as severe. And thinking about it, I had it for quite awhile. Heh. Wouldn't have guessed.

And this social isolation isn't healthy for my age but most of the time don't really want people around me. The more people around me the more I feel irritated and needing to escape or be alone for awhile. But at the same time I don't like being alone with one person because the pressure of having to talk is draining. Just too much.-.-

Lost all care for my appearance and personal hygiene. I could go months without brushing my teeth, washing my hair or showering. All my clothes are too tight for me because keep gaining weight. And it feels like a chore even waking up. The longest I went without leaving the house at all was about 6 months. Sleeping, about 3 days straight.

Don't know how to get out of this funk.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 06:09 PM
    Counselor.

Jan 5, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Counselor.
    How do I find a good one?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 06:19 PM
    How do I find a good one?
    Is there a Catholic Charities in Milwaukee? I will Google for that and some other counseling I trust.

Here's CC --

Milwaukee Catholic Charities offices
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Lutheran Social Services -- not as nearby to you --

LSSWis - Lutheran Social Services Counseling Services Wisconsin

Jan 5, 2013, 06:25 PM
    Is there a Catholic Charities in Milwaukee? I will Google for that and some other counseling I trust.

Here's CC --

Milwaukee Catholic Charities offices
    Mhm.

I-I'll call umm call tomorrow.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Mhm.

I-I'll call umm call tomorrow.
    You don't have to be Catholic, and there is no mention of religion. I did one of my internships at CC near Chicago (and I'm Lutheran). And you will keep me informed when you call and what they said and what you said and how it went, right?

And then we will have a party to celebrate your first appointment, right?

Jan 5, 2013, 06:44 PM
    You don't have to be Catholic, and there is no mention of religion. I did one of my internships at CC near Chicago (and I'm Lutheran). And you will keep me informed when you call and what they said and what you said and how it went, right?

And then we will have a party to celebrate your first appointment, right?
    Aww, shucks! Now that your counting on it I HAVE to do it. I'm kidding. Yes, then we can celebrate.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Aww, shucks! Now that your counting on it I HAVE to do it. I'm kidding. Yes, then we can celebrate.
    I've decide I'm not going to eat or sleep until you make your first appointment. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 06:48 PM
    Whoops! I can't do that -- then you'd have something else beyond your control to feel guilty about. Never mind. I'll have to think of something else to guarantee you will make that call. I'd love to call you myself, but Ben would kill me (not allowed).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No job experience, what to put on a resume? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm filling out an application and they're asking me my employment history. I've never heard a job before but I do have some volunteer experience from high school to college and have been a part of some clubs. The ones I want to out down, I remember the names, but not the numbers and I haven't...

I have a Master's and I am interviewing for a Bachelor's level research job. [ 0 Answers ]

The pay is pretty low, but on a range. Can I expect to get paid more than the minimum due to my degree? It's at a major hospital I worked at as a student and I do have some research experience.

I was not given a job description until I was written up for poor job performance. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was hired as a manager but I was not given a job description until I was written up for poor job performance. I was demoted with a $5.50 per hour pay cut and transferred to another job site as a receptionist clerk. I was terminated 3 days ago without any notice given and have yet to receive...

Interviewing for a management position at my current job [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, So, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a supervisor position at work. I'm a caregiver, and I'd be supervising 4 other people. I've been employed with this company for 4 months, but as a caregiver for 2 years. Can people help me prepare for the interview? I've never...

View more questions Search