Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckyguy79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2003, 12:59 PM
    Friendly user printing
    Hope you can give me a good answer.
    SOMEONE IS designing a php mail form but also needS to include a button TO PRINT THE FORM once it's been filled out by the user. The browser printing option is not the answer because the printing it does, is not nice at all and secondly, because it wouldn't look professional.

I also need to print a normal web page containing various instructions which the user will require to have printed.

Can anyone help me please?
    I SUPPOSE THERE MUST BE A SCRIPT TO DO A PRINTING OF A PAGE, MANY PPL USES A BUTTON THAT SAYS FRIENDLY PRINTING OR SOMETHING ALIKE.

Thank you
    Tygur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2003, 12:58 AM
    Friendly user printing
    Basically, no matter what you do, it's going to be the browser that does the printing. What most people do is show a printer-friendly page with a white background and black text so that it shows up as good as possible on paper.

Here is a link to some JavaScript code to print the page:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/other1.htm
    CF_Master Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2003, 12:10 AM
    Friendly user printing
    A printer friendly page is usually a script that calls a .txt text only file to be printed. You could just make a text only page then make your button point to that page to open then print

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless printing [ 11 Answers ]

I would like to connect my sager 8790 notebook with win xp to my hp 7150 Photosmart printer through my linksys wireless-g 4 port router how do I do this Thanks lee

User friendly linux [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed Mandriva 10.1 but somehow it opens in command line mode. How can I switch to GUI? Thanks

Printing problem: HP PSC 950 All-in-one [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: This is my first question on your forum. I hope you can help. I have an HP PSC 950, and it has just begin to produce misaligned printed pages. It seems that the first few pages of a document are OK, and then they gradually become misaligned, with the text skewed clockwise. Any ideas? ...

Printing error [ 3 Answers ]

When trying to print from the internet, I get an error message; Line: 93 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: res://C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes No

View more questions Search