Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuteteddy101 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
    What to eat when you have a fever?
    I have a fever and a sore throat and I was just wanted to know what I could eat for a snack and a meal.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Dec 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
    Soup, lots of fruit and veggies (if you can swallow it)
    cuteteddy101 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2012, 02:17 PM
    I forgot to ask what I can't eat?
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Dec 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
    I wouldn't eat anything spicy since your throat is already irritated. But anything you can swallow should be fine.
    Some people avoid dairy when they have a fever. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Don't smoke.
    Drink lots of fluids.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 04:30 PM
    You can really eat whatever appeals to you unless you are on medication that reacts with particular foods. If you feel at all nauseous, avoid dairy - it can make matters worse.

There is some wisdom to the old chicken soup stereotype. It has a lot of nutrients in it from all the vegetables and herbs, and fluids are important when you have a fever. It's not likely to upset your stomach. And the spices like garlic plus the heat of the broth can open your sinuses and help clear up congestion.

Seriously though, there's nothing you can't eat - more likely things that won't appeal to you. If you're not hungry, it's OK unless you stay ill for many days. Just make sure to eat what you comfortably can, try to choose healthy things instead of junk food to make the most of what you're able to tolerate, and focus on fluids.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Tea is good for a sore throat. Anything warm that's not spicy, or hard on the stomach.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Since you are 12 years old (according to a previous post), have you asked your parents/guardian what they suggest you eat and drink? They would have a better idea of how you react to different foods and drinks when you are sick. They would also know if you are on any medications that might be less effective or react negatively if taken with certain foods.

Is there anyone taking care of you? This is a serious question considering your other questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

8 month old, high fever, and won't eat! [ 3 Answers ]

My 8 month old daughter has had a high fever for 2 days. I can keep it around 99.5 with tylenol. She won't eat or drink. She won't move or smile. I have tried giving her fluids and she won't drink. I am concerned. Should I take her in?

My dog will not eat, drink or play! No fever! [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my dog would not eat or drink anything. I kept her in bed with me all night, and this morning she started to play for a little while. She slept all day, she wouldn't eat or drink again today. Just a few minutes ago, she hopped off the couch and threw up some clear stuff, then she threw up...

My puppy has a fever won't eat and is sleeping what do I do [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy has afever won't eat and is sleeping what do I do

What should I eat with an upset stomach and slight fever? [ 1 Answers ]

My fever went as high as 101.4 but never went over 101.4 thought. I have an upset stomach as well.

My puppy does not have a fever but still won't eat or drink [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy "neeka" is a black lab/queensland healer mix,and she is six months old.3 days ago she vomited 3 times and quit,then she wouldn't eat or drink,the following day she seemed fine,she ate and drank some,played a little then went to bed,the next morning she vomited all over my bed and stopped...

View more questions Search