Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csullynyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2012, 08:05 AM
    Halls lights connected to 2, 3-way switches came on middle of night
    During the middle of the night the hall lights came on. I got up flipped both swtiches, either end of the hall and nothing happened, they stayed on. Turned off circuit breaker went back to bed. Bought two new 3-way switches, swapped out old, same issue, the lights won't turn off. Never had this issue in the 5yrs since the lights were installed.
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Might have a loose connection in the fan box.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2012, 03:22 AM
    Sully,
    Are you able to voltage test and describe any of the wiring? Maybe that would help us
    Steer you toward a solution...
    If not, you may need to hire an electrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights connected to outlet circuits. [ 2 Answers ]

I am fixing a house that was build in the 1950s. Completey redoing the wiring and I have basment pull string lights mounted to the juntion boxes that feed the upstairs bedrooms (one junction box per room). Each bedroom has its own 15amp circuit wired with 14/2 NM. My question is two part. 1) can a...

Addig a new electrical outlet to the middle switch in a box with three switches. [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give me. I am attempting to add an outlet. I want it to be controlled by an existing switch which is in a box as a group of three. The middle switch controlled the ceiling fan light. I connected two wire romex cable to the new outlet. Then I...

How many lights and outlets can be connected to one 20 amp. Cb [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know with one 20 amp. Cb how many out lets I could get.

Lights and switches [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago we went to replace the bulb in my sons closet and it wouldn't work.. so we never got aorund of calling a electrician yet.. thinking it might be the wires where you put in the bulbs... well the light bulb was out in my laundry room last night so I replaced it and went to cut it on...

View more questions Search