Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doggylover115 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 10:54 PM
    My dog puked a couple times and hasn't eaten the past 2 days
    She is a little overweight and has hip dysplasia. The past couple of months she hasn't been eating as much as normal. Tonight she seemed a little stressed and restless. Any thoughts?
    fuego750 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
    Take it to the vet immediately. He must be running out of nutrients he needs and he could die from it. This is a serious emergency!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego750 View Post
    Take it to the vet immediately. He must be running out of nutrients he needs and he could die from it. This is a serious emergency!

Lets not get hysterical here - is the dog drinking? Did it get into anything that would upset its stomach? The bigger danger is dehydration. Is the dog throwing up bile, foam, something else?

I would call the Vet, present the symptoms and ask.

Very possibly the Vet will want to see the dog, but I doubt very much that the dog is on the highway to death.

I've never heard the term "running out of nutrients" before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can do for my dog? He hasn't eaten in 4 days and is lethargic. [ 4 Answers ]

He's a 6 month old mutt we found him. The past 4 days he's been drinking lots of water but not eating and he's very lethargic. I cannot afford to take him to the vet. I feel so helpless it's reakig my heart what can I do?

My dog got de wormed last month and now he's puked 4 times in the last 2days? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a first time dog owner,my dog is about 7 months old and I gave him his deworming formula last month.but I've noticed that in the last couple of days he has puked about 4 times,it's a yellowish fluid. I was just wondering if that could be his system clearing out or that maybe he really is...

My dog hasn't eaten in 5 days [ 3 Answers ]

My dog hasn't eaten in 5 days and spews when he has a little drink he can't keep anything down his spew is a yellow colour

My dog hasn't eaten for days [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10month Shepard terrier mix who hasn't eaten for 10 days. He isn't depressed, actually he still wags his tail when he sees us. We took him to the vet but that was no help. All they did was give us some antibiotics but he still won't eat. Is there anything else I could do?

My Dog Hasn't Eaten for 7 days! [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 year old dalmatian hasn't eaten for 7 days! I am so worried about her and terrified she will die. Last Friday was the first day she ate nothing. Digit (my Dalmatian) has urinary crystals, which is something a lot of dalmatians have, and was put on Hills Diet Plan Canine UD, tinned food, when...

View more questions Search