Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cc4duke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
    No water on hot side
    I have no water from any faucet in the house. Cold water is fine, pressure as well. But when I switch any faucet to the hot water it drains the water in the pipe then nothing. The vaulve on the hot water heater is on, I have cut it off several times and back on. I have made numerous calls (friends) and I have baffled everyone. I have checked under the house and don't see any leakes and checked the main water meter and It isn't regestering any water usage so I don't think I have a leak anywhere. HELP!!
    joey4029 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2012, 08:04 PM
    Open the drain petcock on the water heater,see if weater comes out(under pressure)
    Most likely,there will be nothing.
    Look where the nipples screw on to the water heater and see if there is internal rust or scale .Non factory supplied nipples cause a sort of dialectric reaction and things corrode.This must have happened over time ,and water pressure on the hot side kept getting worse.
    Keep us posted
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 10, 2012, 06:13 AM
    Joey might have had the right idea when he focused on the nipples on top of the tank. However, It's not rust or corrosion that concerns me. It's the nipples themselves. If you have heat trap nipples,(see image) installed I would replace them with 3/4 X 4" brass nipples. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Hot Water Heater - Low pressure only on Hot Water side [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water starts with full pressure then quickly reduces flow to trickle at all household faucets. Already flushed water heater twice. Flow comes back temporarily once tank refills, then peters out again. No muck or discoloration in water. Cold water side has full pressure (even when Hot water...

I have a problem with my hot water side low pressure on the hot side cold is fine... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my hot water side low pressure on the hot side cold side is working fine. The house is only 5 years old everything new built 5 years ago. The pressure is gone on the hot side but the cold pressure is working fine. How can I tell if its not the main from the street since we had...

View more questions Search