Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franco_91100 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 10:14 PM
    How old can you be to move out of your parents house
    I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents house I am 12
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 8, 2012, 11:42 PM
    It depends on each state's laws, but none of them start at 12.
    You would need to have parents sign papers to let someone else be your guardian.
    All states consider you a minor (child) until you are 18, but there are various states laws that allow for 'emancipation' at 16 or 17.

Tell us what is wrong at home, if you want.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2012, 03:36 AM
    You cannot move out until you are no longer a minor. In the US that means 18 unless a court of law emancipates you earlier. And getting emancipation is extremely hard.

Why do you ask?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I'd like to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents house, I am only 15, and I think that I could have my life together better if they weren't around all the time, I have thought this through, I can cook and clean, I'm not wanting to right away, not until I get a job and a car and I...

Should a new boyfriend expect me to move out of my parents house? [ 4 Answers ]

I met a man over the Internet. We have started seeing each other. He is 28, married & divorced 3 times. He was in the service, applying for post traumatic stress disability. No job, lives with his parents that he said are worthless and doesn't want me to meet. I am 22 year old college...

How old can you be to move out of your parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents cause they are all ways blaming me for stuff I don't do I am only 14 and I just want to know what you have to do to move out of my parents house so please help me thank you.

I want to move out of my parents house but my husband doesn't [ 5 Answers ]

Yes as you read... I want to move out of my parents house.. I never liked living with my parents.. they were good parents but for some reason I never liked living with them.. any way I got married and I have three kids 5,4, and a 2year old. About 2 yrs ago we moved in with my mother to help with...

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house in Nebraska? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 and ill be 18 soon my dad and I are always getting into fights and he is always yelling at me for no reason. I have a job and I still g to school. And I could easliy go transfer to a new school if I move out. I am always spending my free time crying cause I get hurt by my dad yelling at me....

View more questions Search