Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2012, 08:03 PM
    What else could be blackening my undereyes, lips, skin?
    My derm lectured me to stop smoking, because I had to be honest and checked it off on the consultation questionnaire. I had asked for factual info, but was told to Google. I do have really dark pigmentation around my eyes and on my lips, but I attribute that to monobenzone and hydroquinone rebound and because when I stopped smoking for a long time, it didn't improve.

But, that got me thinking what else contributes to causing more pigmentation, more melanin in the skin. Does curry? Because I have smelled a strong odor from persons who appear to use lots of curry, maybe the spices, some of which I think I saw ingredients in herbal vitiligo oil, support a strong dark pigmentary system.

My mother says pepsi and other black colas cause you to get very dark. I laught at it but maybe there is some truth in caramel coloring causing darkening.

What else? Spicy foods? Red meat? Coffee? Alcohol. Let me know if you know. Thanks.
    ver0nica Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2012, 09:46 PM
    Probably everything you've listed. But you don't need to smoke or drink. Listen to your doctor! Quit it, quit it now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark lips-country of origin for FRESH UP Skin Pinkish Cream [ 12 Answers ]

I have dark lips and I found information about using FRESH UP Skin Pinkish Cream from this site. Could anybody gave me information about FRESH UP like the country of origin etc. Thank you!

Dark lips to change to pink lips? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I change my dark lips to pink lips

Chapped skin and lips during winter [ 2 Answers ]

During winter, I always get awful skin, and it chaps and flakes and so do my lips. It really looks awful and is very painful and I got it very bad last year. I want to make sure it doesn't happen this year so want to start treatment in advance. I have very sensitive skin so will people please...

My lips? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm sort of in da process of getting wit sum guy, but I have a few queries about signs? what does it mean when a lad stares at your lips when you are smiling or talking? and he does compliments me, but sometimes nastily, today for example he said "hey never seen you in dangly earrings before"...

Regarding skin complexion and lips [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm worrying about my complexion. My hands are in white colour compared to my face. I want to make my face as fair as possible. I would like to see my lips in pink. What can you suggest me? I'll be very thankful to you if you suggest me any creams for these two. Thanks, Kalpana

View more questions Search