Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostPS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
    He likes me but wants to be friends.
    So I met this guy recently through his sister. He's really cool to be around and we somehow got pretty close. I really like him but I wasn't sure if the feeling is mutual.

He just got out of a 6 months relationship and I completely understand that he needs time and all, I'm not rushing anything. When we hangout though we talk so much and seem to enjoy each other's presence. We would text every day and because we go to the same uni, we would see each other almost every day. First we hugged and stuff and I felt he hugged me tighter each day but I could be thinking too much. But then we somehow got to holding hands and kissing but that was that, we never really talked about it. We would go out together do things together until last night we ran into his ex and he was all over her. I understand they just broke up but I couldn't stand seeing that so I left.

He texted me after saying he really likes me as a friend and said how awesome I am and how I'm cool to be with but he's not ready for a relationship. He said he still want to be whatever we are now and still want to hang with me. He also told me not to ignore him or avoid him because of this because he still wants to hang with me like we do now and said he's only telling me this so he won't lead me on.

Background info- this guy does not have a record of being a player at all. He's an amazing guy and really kind.

I don't know what to do. I considered cutting all contact with him and try to move on but that's so hard and I still find myself talking to him.
    It's not his fault though I completely understand his situation.
    Should I keep being his "friend" and wait for him? Help me please my head feels sick thinking about all this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LostPS View Post
    so i met this guy recently through his sister. he's really cool to be around and we somehow got pretty close. I really like him but i wasn't sure if the feeling is mutual.

He just got out of a 6 months relationship and i completely understand that he needs time and all, im not rushing anything. when we hangout though we talk so much and seem to enjoy each others' presence. we would txt everyday and because we go to the same uni, we would see each other almost everyday. first we hugged and stuff and i felt he hugged me tighter each day but i could be thinking too much. but then we somehow got to holding hands and kissing but that was that, we never really talked about it. we would go out together do things together until last night we ran into his ex and he was all over her... i understand they just broke up but i couldnt stand seeeing that so i left.

he texted me after saying he really likes me as a friend and said how awesome i am and how im cool to be with but he's not ready for a relationship. he said he still wanna be whatever we r now n still want to hang with me. he also told me not to ignore him or avoid him because of this cos he still wants to hang with me like we do now and said hes only telling me this so he won;t lead me on.

background info- this guy does not have a record of being a player at all. he's an amazing guy and really kind.

i don't know what to do. i considered cutting all contact with him and try to move on but that's so hard and i still find myself talking to him.
    it's not his fault though i completely understand his situation.
    should i keep being his "friend" and wait for him? or? help me please my head feels sick thinking about all this.

He's been totally honest with you from what I'm reading. That's a bonus.

What would I do? I'd remain friends, keep physical contact to a minimum, see what happens next, how this progresses. I see no reason to end the relationship if you think there COULD be a future.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Maybe stepping back for a while and get your feelings under control, and be as honest as he is. He isn't ready for a relationship ,and you can't be friends because that's what YOU want.

Don't torture yourself by building high hopes for romance, do other things you enjoy with others and see if the crush feelings fade enough for you to be friends, without waiting for more.

He may never want what you want. But who really knows?
    Sheedeals Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 21, 2012, 01:07 AM
    Just be friends only... not more than that.
    LostPS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Maybe stepping back for a while and get your feelings under control, and be as honest as he is. He isn't ready for a relationship ,and you can't be friends because thats what YOU want.

Don't torture yourself by building high hopes for romance, do other things you enjoy with others and see if the crush feelings fade enough for you to be friends, without waiting for more.

He may never want what you want. But who really knows?

Yeah last night I went out with my friends to get my head cleared. We ended up going to the club that I went with HIM last week. It didn't help at all so I came to a conclusion that I do need to step back. Yeah you're right, I think I do need some time to get my feelings under control before I can actually be friends with him again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friends crush likes me [ 0 Answers ]

Well my Bezzie let's call her Alice. And the guy is joe. My best mate told me in year 7 she had never properly fancied a boy. I was really shocked because I had liked guys since reception. And then, at the start of year8 she told me she liked someone. I asked who and eventually she told me, and...

I really like my friends ex but she still likes him too! [ 2 Answers ]

My friends ex broke up with her a few months ago and she can't seem to get over him. A few days sago he asked me out and I really like him but she will get mad at me if I do what should I do?

What do you do when your friends ex girlfriend really likes you and you like her [ 4 Answers ]

I like this girl we want to date each other she went out with my friend for 2 years and he screwed her over multiple times and I want to make her happy and have a steady relationship he was a good friend but he got me into a lot of trouble with the law I'm not sure of what to do I can't help the...

I love him and he likes me, but he just wants to 'be friends' [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, I met this guy a couple of months ago, he was in one of my classes and at first it was all flirting, then he asked me out just before the holidays. After the holidays even he agreed it was the best holidays he has ever had cause he was with me (aww =]) but then he randomly just tells me...

What does it mean when my ex wants to be friends but he likes me a lot [ 6 Answers ]

I'm so confused, angry, hurt, and determined. About two months ago my boyfriend decided we should take a break because he had a lot of things going on in his life. So he wanted to get back in track but didn't want to loose me in the process. We still talk and hang out like we were a couple. The...

View more questions Search