Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    share20 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Arrest after applying for a green card if out of status
    I have been reading all over the place that an arrest is possible by dhs/govrn once you apply for a green card? Is it true? Or all case are taken in respective way.
    My question has raised from my frnd's prospective.. he is getting married.. now.. so we are just looking for options and reviews of different experienced people in this field..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Just come out with it and explain your circumstances. Applying for a green card to where US or Canada? Applying for a green card has restrictions in either country. You must be sponsored and the stipulation is that no one else can hold the particular job you are applying for by anyone in either country.

So tell us about your 'friend's' circumstances. It doesn't matter here. Arrest?

You make it more difficult by posting twice

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/immigr...rt-588392.html
    share20 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 02:17 PM
    The link which you have given is not mine. The link does not provided what happened it provides what could happen!

My question is based for a US Green card after my friend who studied here on a student visa for 6 consecutive years after grade 12th till last semester of Master's program. He is left with a semester.. and now getting married.. but he became out of status in Dec 2011... and couldn't apply for new i20 due to money problems..

So we were searching for some options/reviews. What happens!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 03:18 PM
    Call US immigration to get an answer. You don't have to give specifics, just ask.

What happens, I don't know. We are all volunteers here share, so just call the proper people to find out.

Attiude is everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying to adjust status while in removal proceedings [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to apply for adjustment of status (form I485) based on an approved petition filed on my behalf by my wife back in 2008. I came to the US in 1994 on an F1 student Visa and overstayed it. I'm married to A US citizen and have four kids with her. My problem is back in 2010 my wife...

Applying for a change of visa status for USA from INDIA [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently residing in the US on an F-2 status since last 1 year. I have applied in a university here and their reply is still awaited. I am going to India in the month of May-2010. The university suggested me to apply for my change of visa status from India. Is it a better option to apply for...

Applying for a change of status [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem to clarify as it bothers me all the time. I am an int'l student married to a US Citizen (for a month), but 2 years back I was once caught driving a scooter on the streets without a license and I was fined which I've already paid. I was also caught shoplifting once due to...

Going to School while on TN Status/Greencard [ 4 Answers ]

I am a Canadian citizen currently in the US. I reside in North Carolina. I attended a 4 year college, was on OPT for a year, and have been on TN Status for the past year. My current TN status expires June 30th, 2009 and my application for extension has been approved until June 30th, 2010. I have a...

View more questions Search