Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    designer135 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 01:31 AM
    Me and she from different caste... parents not ready for marriage at all
    Me and she are from different casts... and of same age.. 24.. she has a good job and I am planning to go for higher studies for 1 year in abroad... she is ready to wait till next year... but I'm afraid our parents will never accept our relation because they never accepted my brothers relation and tried to break it in every possible way...
    No one in my family ever had a love marriage and the only person who had is outcast now...
    I'm study and work almost 20 hrs a day to get better earning and to get settled soon.. even after this they won't accept us because of our cast...
    Please help
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Jun 9, 2012, 02:03 AM
    Designer 135,

Welcome to this beautiful site!

Your problem is really so complicated, but hope sustains life and every relation has some hope and never lose it. About your inter-caste relationship, which you want to translate into marriage, I would first suggest you to talk to your parents. But, there are certain concerns. To which extent do you hope to convinse your parents? And, if they agree, will not there by any problem? I mean, parents, society etc. Which country and which community are you from? Is not it INDIA?

You are also saying that you want to go abroad (to UK or USA, or Australia or Canada, I suppose) and for that time, you must take care of your girl friend, as this is an age of quick-wants and she may shift her love to someone else, as her physical needs will surely require quenching. So, you have plenty of homework to do, before you set free. I would only say GOOD LUCK!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
    "... she may shift her love to someone else, as her physical needs will SURELY REQUIRE QUENCHING." This is an insult to every woman who ever waited for her boyfriend/fiance/husband for any reason - and that includes the military. It would be no less offensive if you substituted any other word for "she."

And to the OP - I see you've applied to a College in Canada - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workin...ad-669863.html

Discuss how she feels directly with her - if she says she will wait for you, if you both believe you will have a future together, then I would trust her when you are gone.

A one year absence does NOT mean she is going to find someone else.
    designer135 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    "... she may shift her love to someone else, as her physical needs will SURELY REQUIRE QUENCHING." This is an insult to every woman who ever waited for her boyfriend/fiance/husband for any reason - and that includes the military. It would be no less offensive if you substituted any other word for "she."

And to the OP - I see you've applied to a College in Canada - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workin...ad-669863.html

Discuss how she feels directly with her - if she says she will wait for you, if you both believe you will have a future together, then I would trust her when you are gone.

A one year absence does NOT mean she is going to find someone else.
    We love each other very much and can't live without each other.. and we are loyal to each other and can't even think of anybody else... also she is happy that I'm going to canada... she is ready to wait for one year without any deviation in love... but our parents should agree to our relation... and the major problem is caste...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by designer135 View Post
    we love each other very much and can't live without each other.. and we are loyal to each other and can't even think of anybody else .....also she is happy that i'm going to canada...she is ready to wait for one year without any deviation in love....but our parents should agree to our relation.....and the major problem is caste......

- And this is why I disagreed with the "advice" that she will find someone else while you are gone.

Your parents? I see no solutions. Either defy your parents and suffer whatever follows that OR break up with her.

I don't see a middle road.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince parents for inter caste marriage? [ 11 Answers ]

I belong to scheduled caste(harijan) and want to marry a guy (Koiri, maurya by caste). But his parents are not getting convinced for our marriage as they are worried about his sister's (both 19 years old) marriage. Because in our society, my caste is considered too low and people don't want to get...

How to convince parents for inter caste marriage? [ 2 Answers ]

I love a guy he z from lower caste and I'm pandit from caste.. last year my sister married a rajput guy. My parents were agree for that also. They just want a pandit guy for me.. they want to fulfill all their dreams frm my marriage. But I love this guy he is very good human and we work together...

How to convince parents for love marriage when same caste of both [ 1 Answers ]

How to convince parents for love marriage when same caste of both

Inter caste marriage,how to convince parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a brahmin girl and m in love with a guy who is also a hindu but somewhat lower caste. Both of us are well settled and want to get married. But our parents are very orthodox and are behaving as if we have committed a sin by loving each other. They are emotionally making us weak. We are not...

View more questions Search