Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latizzle18 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
    What is wrong with my pregnancy
    Hello my name is La toya last week I found out that I was pregnant. I was so happy. But that all changed when I started having sharp pains. I went to the ER and the did a blood test , the dr told me that my hcg was 361 this was on Friday night March 1st , I ask him how far could I be since I did not know yet and he said about 4 weeks , but he would like me to be tested to make sure I did not have a tubal pregnancy . But the only thing I do not understand is I did not have sex 4 weeks ago I had sex on January 24 or 25. I took a home pregnancy test about 2 and a half months ago because my period was light but it was negative but I was having all the pregnancy signs but I just forgot about it because my period came on . So could I have been pregnant 2 months ago and it did not show up , and if so why is my hcg so low please help me :o :o
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Let me get this right, you have not been tested for a tubal yet? This should have been the first thing they did.

Mar 6, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by latizzle18
    hello my name is La toya last week i found out that i was pregnant. i was so happy. but that all changed when i started having sharp pains. i went to the ER and the did a blood test , the dr told me that my hcg was 361 this was on friday night March 1st , i ask him how far could i be since i did not know yet and he said about 4 wks , but he would like me to be tested to make sure i did not have a tubal pregnancy . but the only thing i do not understand is i did not have sex 4 weeks ago i had sex on january 24 or 25. i took a home pregnancy test about 2 and a half months ago because my period was light but it was negative but i was having all the pregnancy signs but i just forgot about it because my period came on . so could i have been pregnant 2 months ago and it did not show up , and if so why is my hcg so low please help me :o :o
    I was supposed to but I did not yet because I did not have any insurance. But I get medical today , so I will go get that checked out , so do you thank that could be the problem
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 05:34 AM
    A tubal is excruciatingly painful and a life-threatening situation. Have you had any bleeding?

Also, are you in the U.S.

Mar 7, 2007, 02:05 PM
    hello my name is La toya last week i found out that i was pregnant. i was so happy. but that all changed when i started having sharp pains. i went to the ER and the did a blood test , the dr told me that my hcg was 361 this was on friday night March 1st , i ask him how far could i be since i did not know yet and he said about 4 wks , but he would like me to be tested to make sure i did not have a tubal pregnancy . but the only thing i do not understand is i did not have sex 4 weeks ago i had sex on january 24 or 25. i took a home pregnancy test about 2 and a half months ago because my period was light but it was negative but i was having all the pregnancy signs but i just forgot about it because my period came on . so could i have been pregnant 2 months ago and it did not show up , and if so why is my hcg so low please help me :o :o
    Know I have not had any bleedind and it is not that painful , I had pain for like one day and it went away. It come back here and there bit I can deal with the pain it just feels like cramping now
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Pregnancy dates are usually worked out from the first day of your last period, so to be honest 2 weeks after your last period started would be the time you would probably have conceived. But remember it is never an exact science. Chances are of you were further along in pregnancy you would know about it, and so would your doctors. Also, if you had your period on between you are not pregnant. If you are still getting the pains, go back and see your dr. But if they were really worried about it being ectopic they would have done more tests, as it can be life threatening. Good luck, and congratulations!

Mar 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Okay it could be possible to have your period during pregnancy because it happened to my mother and my sister they both was told they were 4weeks because it was estimated by there last period but when they had there altasound done they were further along then thought. and also what if you had like two days before your period would you still get that period or not

Mar 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
    No pregnant women do not get periods. Some women get pregnancy bleeding, but it is not a period. When you have a period you shed the lining of the womb, that is what a period does, if you did that while pregnant you would miscarry the baby as the embryo implants in the lining of the womb.

Mar 7, 2007, 02:35 PM
    If you had sex two days before your period, you would most likely not conceive as most women ovulate around day 14 (on an avergae 28 day cycle) so by a couple of days before your period (unless you ovulate twice in one month, again very rare) you would not be fertile.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 7, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Conception usually occurs around 14 days after your period, but this is not a strict time, it can be a day or 2 each way. Some women do get what is called early pregnancy bleeding and some get implantation bnleeding, but neither of these are common, but it is just possible, that is what you had. Mild cramping is also common in early pregnancy, due to ligaments stretching to make room for the fast growing uterus. If you actually conceived 14 days after your period, that would make it you conceived around 7th Feb making you approximately 4 weeks now as your doctor says. He did say about 4 weeks, which is just a guess. Wait and see what the test says. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tell me what you think... the company I work for has an outside third party company that handles payroll and insurance. Our open enrollment is in January and July. In January we got a new company and after reviewing the benefits and the premiums I agreed. In February I found out that I was...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

Regarding Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I was on siphene from day2 for about 5 days and from day 4 I started taking HMG injection for three days and from day 9 I had my follicular scan continuously till day 17th.where the follicle to get ruptured,I was given rupture injection on day 13 (size of the follicle was 31 * 26 on day 13)and it...

Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I had my period on September 29 which was 8 days late and it's the October 30th and I have cramps and sore breast can I have gotten pregnant last month and still got my period

View more questions Search