Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williamrileymchsicom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Ceil fan REMOTE won't work
    I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and had a licensed electrical contractor run new wiring to it and he installed the fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay remote.

The fan worked for a day and then stopped working. The electrical contractor returned and installed a new remote (same kind). Again, it worked for a day and then quit.

The electrician is a competent contractor; he’s done work for me for 15 years. Nevertheless, we carefully read the instructions in the manual and made sure we did everything right. We changed the frequency. We changed the bulb to an incandescent. We made sure to have the fan turned on high before we finished the hook-up. It worked for a day and quit.

That’s three (3) remotes. This should be simple stuff, but we continue to have these problems.

Can you help me?
    Brian Croghan Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by williamrileymchsicom
    I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and had a licensed electrical contractor run new wiring to it and he installed the fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay remote.

The fan worked for a day and then stopped working. The electrical contractor returned and installed a new remote (same kind). Again, it worked for a day and then quit.

The electrician is a competent contractor; he’s done work for me for 15 years. Nevertheless, we carefully read the instructions in the manual and made sure we did everything right. We changed the frequency. We changed the bulb to an incandescent. We made sure to have the fan turned on high before we finished the hook-up. It worked for a day and quit.

That’s three (3) remotes. This should be simple stuff, but we continue to have these problems.

Can you help me?
    Hello,
    I have installed 3 Hampton Bay ceiling fans with wireless remotes, one in each of the upstairs bedrooms. The instructions say to install each on its own frequency and with the lights and fan speed in the off position. Controller has on/ off for the light and 3 fan speeds. ( Low, Medium, Fast).
    Hope this helps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will harbor breeze remote work w/ kichler fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kichler fan. Sis had a harbor breeze universal remote but it won't seem to operate my fan. Is there certain dip switch settings I need? If so how can I get them? I have googled the remote model # to no avail Heip! :eek:

Can't get remote ceiling fan to work [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan with light a couple of months ago. We were replacing a fan that had been controlled by a dial on the wall. The first two receivers burnt out and I called in an electrician to tell me why - apparently the dial on the wall had been messing with the...

Fan Light remote doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

Our fan light remote worked good when electricians first installed it. Now it won't light and we can't figure out why? Apparently the electrician who installed the fixture threw away the directions to the remote operation without realizing it. It is a Hampton Bay product. We have the Hampton...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures. The problem is when I connect the fan...

View more questions Search