Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rleen01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Why can't I find Mr. Right instead of Mr. Right now?
    I'm 35 and still can't find the right guy. I'm had five long and serious relationships. It seems that after a few years I start disliking them and end things. Four of these five men still want to be with me and although they are all very sweet and would do anything for me, I just can't be with them. In my last relationship I ended it due to the guy being condescending and a douche. I was only with him for ten months though, but pretty much the same thing happened. I grew tired of him just like the rest. It got to the point that the thought of him made me want to vomit. I couldn't believe I actually ever let him touch me. This is how I always end up feeling after a relationship. I have no idea what I want and I'm worried I'll never figure it out!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Maybe you need a change of mindset. Its not about what you want. Its about needs that are going unfulfilled. Also depending on how you actually view a relationship it may be that you have skewed your views from what real life is.
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Mar 29, 2012, 11:23 PM
    You feel that way because every one of them is not the right person for you. You must wait for the right guy that you feel that he makes you always right that he always makes you feel good and happy. But you don't know that any of the four men who really wants you back is the right guy for you. Try to observe four of them maybe one of them will be your Mr. Right or its your decision if you will find someone new.
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Apr 5, 2012, 01:02 AM
    I was like that a long time ago. I've been with so many girls in the past because I like you, I get tired.

At the beginning of every relationship you had, did you exert all of your effort?
    Then after months, you get tired? Maybe you get tired because you're giving it a hundred percent and not receiving the hundred back?

That was the case for me. Every relationship I had started with me exerting all the effort. I got abused by many of my girlfriends because I was very patient with them. The moment they start to love me more than I love them, I get tired. When I met my wife, she exerted all the effort and I was just enjoying the ride. But after a year of boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with her, I developed the urge to propose to her. I never got tired of her because I haven't given my all to her yet. I guess I just get tired if I've given so much and didn't get something in return.

Have you tried being in a relationship where the guy did the sweetest things to you or treated you like his queen at the first few weeks? Try to not show all your feelings to him at the beginning of the relationship so that you will not get tired quickly.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2012, 02:11 PM
    You shouldn't have to work to love someone or make someone love her. They have been the wrong men. Move on.
    hirthere Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2012, 04:13 PM
    Start meeting people through activities and hobbies you enjoy so that you have a common connection for years to come. I love my husband though over 5 years we have found many causes, hobbies and activities that we both love and sometimes I think to myself "what would we do with all our time together if we didn't discover these shared passions?"

All the other games don't last... only play games (ie negging and disguising feelings) to get someone's interest. If you play games forever you will not be happy in any relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Maybe you have commitment issues, and don't want a permanent relationship. I think its more you than them, as you seem to love the dating but are not really ready to be tied down. Enjoy dating, forget the commitment.

It will happen when it happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to find out how to find the increase and decrease side for each account off [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to find the increase and decrease side for each account and what is the normal balance for each account off a financial statement.

Plot: Orphans find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of a 1980's movie that a group of orphaned kids find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand in it. Then, the briefcase goes missing after they report it to the police. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

View more questions Search