Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard_b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 02:02 AM
    How to fix a hole in plastic near a screw for current/ amp salt water chlorinator
    How to fix a hole in plastic near a screw for current/ amp salt water chlorinator
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Mar 21, 2012, 06:37 AM
    (1)you could try a two part epoxy but first rough up the area around the hole inside and out then clean with alcohol 99percent or lacquer thinner,acetone, but be quick with it will melt the plastic.mix though part epoxy evenly and thoroughly,apply with Popsicle stick or tongue depressor,push into hole from both sides and smooth out about a dime or nickel size circle on both sides.drill or file if need be.(2)or just drive a course wood or sheet metal screw in the hole,if it leaks use a bigger screw?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2012, 06:37 AM
    More details please. How big is the hole? What type of plastic pipe?
    near a screw for current/ amp salt water chlorinator
    Please define "screw". Back to you. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A spray-like leak on plastic tube water line to refrigerator. How do I fix it? [ 10 Answers ]

I heard a "hissing" noise and discovered a small spray-like leak on the plastic tube water line to my refrigerator. How do I repair it?

Bradle hole in a plastic domestic water pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I've just put a bradle hole in a water pipe in a flat running in the wall cavity above a bathroom sink whilst hanging a mirror! I removed some plaster board and sealed it with the bradle. Is their a way to seal the hole or has an area of board got to be removed top replace a section? Thanks very...

Concrete hole too big to screw down toilet flange? [ 4 Answers ]

We took off toilet from carpeted floor and the flange did not seem to be attached to the concrete subfloor at all. All the parts came up with the toilet. We have installed hard wood flooring to the concrete and when we place the flange over the drain, there is nothing but space where the holes...

Dead Sea Salt for use in my salt water pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am converting my swimming pool (25000 gallons of water) into a salt water pool. I just bought the Jandy generator and I need to get 80 lbs of salt ( I think) . It clearly states to get 100 percent NAC1. Can I use Dead Sea Salt?

Tub drain center hole too big for strainer screw [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I bought a fancy, "universal" shower drain strainer for my boyfriend's bathtub (which had no strainer). It came with a 1-3/4"-long screw, about 11/64" in diameter (I don't know anything about screw sizes so I held it side-by-side with some drill bits we had and it was the closest match :o )...

View more questions Search