Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
    When is it time to move on?
    How do you know when it's time to move on out of a relationship? My partner doesn't have any horrible habits, I am not abused in any way... but after living together for 6 years we are still just living together. I brought up the "M" word (marriage) when we had lived together two years and several times since then. He voiced his reservations and hesitations. I want to be married but evidently he does not. Now I feel that I have pressured him and even if he DID ask me now it would not be a spontaneous, joyous occasion. It would seem I just forced him into it because he says he is afraid of losing me. It just seems all wrong now.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I love straight forward questions like yours. As soon as I read a question like that, I have an answer and it usually goes something like this...

"When is it time to move on?"

When you start asking yourself questions like that - it's time to move on.

But that more often than not comes across as quite harsh.

I don't mean for that to happen. It just seems such an obvious answer.

Life is short and none of us are getting any younger... If in doubt leave it out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
    You've been together for 6 years, but where is the communication and the willingness to work together? If you are afraid to bring up the way you feel then that should show you where you need to work on this relationship. When you cannot at least talk, forget going to the next level. You still have work to do on this level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Speedbag, time to move down? [ 19 Answers ]

How do I know, In using a 10x7 It has only been a couple of weeks with it. first time speedbag training.

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search