Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seanlearns Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 10:14 PM
    Why is she still sore?
    Ok so my girlfriend and I had sex for the first time exactly one week ago and my condom was lubricated and not punctured. There was bleeding and pain but it was a good time. She did not feel pain later that day but she did have spotting for a few days but then that stopped. Tonight after our final exams we kissed and I rubbed her over her jeans and that was all and she felt OK then. After we got home she told me that she saw some spotting and that it was really sore. Should I wait longer for her to heal? Should she take a salt bath? Did I do more damage or even cause an injury?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Dec 20, 2011, 03:50 AM
    You may have damaged her cervix, which takes longer to heal. With regards to her still being sore, does she have any other physical symptoms? Blood? Spots? Itchiness? Odour?

X Dani

Dec 20, 2011, 09:11 AM
    Well she does have blood spots which come and go, and there usually is no odor. She was complaining of pain under her lower abdomen which she said feels better today but only little pinches. You may be right about the damaged cervix; I just need to know what is still bleeding to avoid an infection.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
    How old are you both?

Dec 20, 2011, 09:23 AM
    I am 20 and she is 19.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 20, 2011, 09:59 AM
    If the spotting and soreness went away and came back, then it may not be from sex.

Where is she in her menstrual cycle?

She may be more aware of the symptoms of getting ready to start her period or of ovulation (some women can experience spotting when they ovulate.)

However, if she is in pain and bleeding/spotting and truly concerned, she may want to see her doctor to be certain there isn't anything wrong. Sometimes stressing about a change can make things worse. If talking to her doctor can help calm her nerves and ease any fears, then it is worth the trip.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 20, 2011, 12:02 PM
    I agree with Cat that it may not be related to losing her virginity.

I do recommend that she see her doctor, if only to rule out any other medical problems. Cervical bruising does not necessarily (or usually) cause spotting, but other, more serious problems may be occurring.
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 08:19 PM
    If her problem persists have her see her family doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Tired, dizzy, headache, sore bones, sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Tired, dizzy, headache, sore bones, sore throat what are this symptoms of ?

Sore [ 5 Answers ]

y have I got sore nipples.pain in lower stomich mood swings bad. And one other thing y is my periods irregular then all of a sudden for three months in a row thy r now on x hmmm and a right lower side sore back *** help

Sore Sore Sore throat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello again, Oh the ailments of winter. I've had the worst sore throat for about a week now and I was hoping someone could help me find some sort of remedy. Any suggestions are greatlyAppreciated :) Thanks:)

View more questions Search