Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Feb 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
    For everyone out there.
    How much sex do you all have? What do you think is normal??
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 12:16 PM
    There is no normal. Everybody is at different levels. Different people have certain sex drives.

If you want more personal info. My wife and I stopped as soon as we found out she was pregnant. Have not presumed yet. It is important but not the most important.

Joe
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Feb 21, 2007, 12:22 PM
    If you are the one that wants it more, how do you NOT take it personally?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Good question, That is where communication comes in. Being able to talk with each other. Being able to tell each other the way you feel a certain way, and why. Open communication is the only way to make sure that no one take it pesonally. If somebody does take it personally then it could be worked out.

Also with sex drives it seems it goes back and forth. There are times when one wants it a lot the other does not. Sometimes that gets switched around. Sometimes both are on the same page.

This is normal.
    amolson Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Feb 21, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Some women require more than just the thought of having sex or even just visual stimulation. In discussions that I have had with women and my own experiences, it is necessary to stimulate all senses. Have you ever tried toys or even fetishes? Sometimes that all it takes! I work for the Art of Loving in Vancouver as a sex toy party rep and there are a lot of different ways to stimulate your lady. You know what is also really fun is to go to a seminar together. What about a kissing seminar? You can sit in a room with a bunch of others and learn how to kiss passionately (not that you don't already know how to). What this does is give you a sense of voyeurism and sexy anticipation. All you want to do is go home! Ha ha

Good luck!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Sex is kind of like air, not very improtant at all, unless you are the one not getting any.
    nero2 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Feb 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
    I think that for me I will let to have sex at lease three times a week. That is nothing noraml or adnormally as long as you and your wife is happy with not carry on. It will improve your relationship with your wife. WHy not is a win win sitution.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Once a day for me is normal...
    Quadragesima Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Hi! I'm a virgin and proud of it. I kind of think the idea of sex is gross. Normallity ( Is that a word? :) ) varies from person to person
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadragesima
    I'm a virgin and proud of it. I kinda think the idea of sex is gross.
    As an idea, it may be gross, but as an intimate expression of love, it is sublime. Keep the gross idea at the forefront of your mind, and you can remain a proud virgin forever.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Nothing wrong with choosing to stay a virgin till you are married. However I think there might be a bit of an issue with you considering it gross. I've seen women in my life with some very strange ideas someone put in their heads. I feel sorry for any man who ends up with them, as they are seriously sexually repressed by anyone's usual standard except a puritanical standard.

Sex is not gross, it is wonderful, and the fact you chose to wait for it is perfectly fine and normal.
    kryptonightengale Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
    My boyfriend and I have sex once every 6 or 7 months... Yeah it's not normal and it drives me nuts. I think on average a serious couple should be doing it at least 2 twice a week.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonightengale
    My boyfriend and I have sex once every 6 or 7 months... Yeah it's not normal and it drives me nuts. I think on average a serious couple should be doing it atleast 2 twice a week.
    heck unless you are senior citizens once a day is about right for me. But then I am married.;
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 23, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Once every 6 months? I would go up the wall. I have sex with my partner twice a week on average, but this is the lowest it has ever been for me. When I was younger and it was all new it was like 3 times a day every day but that is just maddness. These days I would love to do it more and my bloke and I are working on finding time to make sure we do do it more often. Some times it is too easy to say, 'I'm tired' etc.
    Morphius Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
    It differs from week to week, but I would say on average about 4 or 5 times a week. During the honeymoon period it was crazy amounts, but I don't suppose that ever lasts more than a year or so (I've been with my girlfriend now for almost 4 years!)
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Sex is not gross.

perhaps you are young (which is fine, so OK to think that way if you must) or you have some major hang-ups from a cold or overly religious upbringing.

Sex is serious though.

No matter what people say, it does affect someone's feelings when we engage in it. So, try to be with someone you respect and is not married, cheating, or sexually confused,and it will be a stronger and safer experience.

And I would say - 2x a day is what I really like, but not always what ensues :-)
    I would guess 2-3x a week for long term couples
    and 5x a week for 2 year and under couples -
    And ZERO for a lot of broken couples that often find themselves here on this site :-)

(huge generalizations, but hey I think people like concrete thoughts - so there you go.)
    kryptonightengale Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    heck unless you are senior citizens once a day is about right for me. But then I am married.;
    I feel like I'm married.:(
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonightengale
    My boyfriend and I have sex once every 6 or 7 months... Yeah it's not normal and it drives me nuts. I think on average a serious couple should be doing it atleast 2 twice a week.
    Uhhhh, I'd say you have a problem. Would it be possible that your BF is going elsewhere.
    Are you the home-girl and someone is the away-girl?

hope not.

might be time to move on if 2x a year is where you're at.
    better talk to him QUICK about this or move on...
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Lol, I remember those days fondly!! Not with Qwazi obviously lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Normal?? What's normal about sex??
    Anytime
    Anywhere
    Any place
    Any reason
    Any way