Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farfellow Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Nov 16, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Radiator pressure with engine cold
    Hello Everyone,
    Weirdest thing happened this morning.
    My car wouldn't turn over this morning so I check all my connections and wirings and everything was fine. When I opened the radiator cap, water came splashing out... not prepared for it since I know the engine was cold... even had my mouth open (now I know what radiator fluid taste like bleh!). Is this normal to have water come out with engine cold? There was some pressure in it the way the water manage to hit my face. By the way... my car started after I pressed on the gas couple of times.
    I have 95 Honda Civic HB
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2011, 07:36 PM
    You likely did not bleed the system properly of air. Fill the radiator with coolant, until it comes out the bleeder bolt.

Nov 17, 2011, 11:58 AM
    I didn't bleed the radiator :( I've been re-filling the reservoir every other trip. Maybe a gunk build up will do that? Put pressure in it? It sucks because I love this car... I want to keep it until I hit 400,000 km.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Nov 18, 2011, 06:05 AM
    It could be the thermostat sticking or your radiator fluid may be contaminated with gas or oil.

Nov 19, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Contaminated with oil... it's actually going through at the public auction here at ADESA Vancouver. Hopefully get my money's worth... at least pay for the tires I spent on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radiator is hot at the top and cold at the bottom [ 1 Answers ]

Radiator is hot at the top and cold at the bottom

Ford f350 diesel Engine will not start cold, smoke leaks from the engine, fuel gage [ 2 Answers ]

Three Problems: 1. Engine will not start cold 2. Smokes leak out from top of the engine near the spark plug/glow plug (front of the engine) 4. Front gas tank gas indicator only shows empty, even if it is full. I recently bought a 83 Ford F350 Diesel Truck (dually) It was hard to cold start,...

Cold radiator [ 0 Answers ]

Not to sure if the TRV is on the Return instead of the Flow as flow pipe is cold, but the Return pipe is hot OR The Radiator and the flow pipe is cold as the TRV on the flow is broken

Engine oil in Radiator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a suzuki rg 125f that once belonged to my brother. My father and I went to put it back on the road after a year of sitting in storage, the first thing that we noticed was that there was oil sitting on top of the radiator water so we took the engine apart but found no carcks in the main block...

View more questions Search