Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Enj0y Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 09:59 PM
    How long does the pain last on a cartilage piercing?
    Well I got my cartilage pierce about 4 days ago (with a gun) and I was wondering How long will the pain last? And is it normal that its sore from time to time and mostly when I touch it accidentally. The soreness is bearable. Is it okaii if I clean it with sea salt mix with hot water twice a day and spin the stud after I clean it ?

I'm new to this xD
    Thanks
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Sep 18, 2011, 01:23 PM
    With a gun, who knows. You could already have a blood born infection such as HIV or Hepatitis. WHO KNOWS.
    Don't spin the stud, it'll create more scar tissue. Get rid of crust with a q-tip soaked in salt solution. Clean twice a day with that salt solution and keep hair and fingers away from that area. When done with a needle the swelling goes down in about a week and the throbbing pain stops in about two. Considering yours was done with a gun, maybe longer.
    dezperayshun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 09:56 AM
    Yeah the sea salt soakes sound good however make sure you don't yuse too much salt. The solution should taste like a tear drop. My piercing kept on hurting for about a week but everybodies different. Try to avoid knocking or touching the piercing (except for when your cleaning it.. ) you should then be OK :)
    KareKares13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 05:22 AM
    I got mine done 2 days ago. I'm having the same problem as you. My ears very sore, I put ice on it and that really helped. And the pain is normal. Good luck! (:
    mrsbieberxoxo94 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 12:00 PM
    I got mine done with a gun. It hurts for a split second. During the healing process it will hurt to lay on it. Try not 2 clean it with alcohol and peroxcide. It will take about a week or 2 for it to completely heal. Good luck!(:
    mrsbieberxoxo94 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 12:02 PM
    I got mine with a gun. Dident hurt to bad just felt like a little pinch. Clean it with alcohol and peroxide. Try not to sleep on it. Also putting ice on it will reduce swelling and pain
    chaz1995 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 09:28 AM
    Can someone help, I got mine done on Sunday 2 days ago and the pain today is so sore it has been infected before on holiday in spain so I don't want this one to get infected how do I prevent this, I had this done with a gun and now it is really hurting any tips I will try and hsould it still hurt/throbe after having it done 2 days is this normal?
    ilykennedyxoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Did mine 1 hour ago and it doesn't hurt at all
    jordii Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2013, 06:41 PM
    First of all the person who did it should never have used a gun into cartilage; they should use a needle. The gun can cause the cartilage to shatter.

Since it is done already and you are experiencing pain you should probably get it checked out by a doctor. They will instruct you on proper care (you should have been given a solution by the person who did it) and tell you if it is infected.
    Kristen Martin Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2013, 06:51 PM
    Yes in fact getting your cartilage pierced with a gun is stupid, because I got mine pierced with a gun (I know a very dumb idea). But the pain is normal, mine hurt really bad but it only lasts a few days. And that's normal for any piercing even with a needle. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing Pain/ healing time [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 3 weeks ago. How long does it take for a cartilage piercing to heal and stop hurting?

Reduce the pain of my cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any kind of pain medication I can use to reduce the pain of my cartilage piercing? It hurts to sleep on, its like someone is slamming a hammer into my ear when I try to lay on it. I don't want to take it out, its not infected at all. It just hurts like crazy when I try to touch it. When...

Cartilage Piercing Pain [ 2 Answers ]

I had my cartilage pierced at Claire's about 9 years ago (with a gun), and went through the normal healing process. I took it out about 2 years ago, but the hole never closed up. About two weeks, I bought a new hoop to try it out again. It went through with no problem, but since then has been VERY...

Cartilage Piercing Pain [ 0 Answers ]

I got my ear pierced in the cartilage last week, (Top the left ear) I had it done by Needle and it has a Titanium loop in it. It was fine all week barely had any pain, and it wasn't even that sensitive to touch, like if I put a sweater on and I hit it.Last night, I slept on it even though there was...

Abnormal pain from piercing cartilage? [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I got my second cartilage piercing three days ago, and doe some reason whenever I even lightly brush it, it's excruciatingly painful. A long time ago I decided to be stupid and try to pierce it myself with a safety pin, which failed terribly since I couldn't get the ring all the way through...

View more questions Search