Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
    USB Flash Drive Problems
    Hello,

I use my usb flash drive for playing songs in my car. I once used the flash drive for copying some pdf files from a desktop PC. Since then I think I got infected with some virus. I tried to format the USB flash drive but I keep facing the same problem over and over.

I'm using Win XP Pro, SP3. Kingston Data Traveler G3 USB Flash Drive.

Symptoms of the problem:

My flash drive contains some music folders and each of them is more than 2kb, since those folders contain many mp3 songs. Now every time I try to open the folders in the usb flash drive, I keep getting this message "J:\RECYCLER\383B3FB65419F842DC70602F98130B3.e xe"

I tried attaching the jpeg file but I'm not sure if its uploaded or not.

After scouting the Internet for possible solutions, I tried the clearInf file and made a batch file and kept in the flash drive. But I'm not sure if its really helping or not. The code of the batch file is like this

"rem @echo off
    Echo Copy this file to the top level of the disk or USB from
    Echo which you want to remove the Autorun, then run it
    Echo press Ctr C to stop now, or Enter to continue
    Pause

Attrib -r -s -h Recycle /s /d
    Attrib -r -s -h autorun.inf
    Attrib -r -s -h /d /s "Recycle\P-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532"

Del autorun.inf /q
    "

Any help or guidance would be really helpful.
    Thanks.
    Sai
    Attached Images

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 01:15 PM
    According to what you have posted that file doesn't exist. Have you tried looking to see if it is on that drive in another directory?
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Yea, this is happening only when I try to open any of the folders. But in reality when I plug the flash drive in my car, it starts playing audio(mp3). After reading your reply I retried by plugging and it started playing in the car audio, the songs/folders exist. I'm pretty sure and confident about it.

This is happening very frequently, what I mean is when I earlier reformatted the flash drive and copied songs as shown in the attachment. Then I could play the songs in the car, but when I try to open, copy new songs or folders into the existing folders then I'm getting the error message.

I just went into the cmd prompt and into the drive letter. In the dir listing, its showing as foldername.lnk, but when I CD into the HINDI/ENGLISH/TELUGU folders, I could see all the songs.

Each time I need to format the drive, and copy the songs is becoming a pain. So any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Sai
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
    You said you were trying to format but you were getting an error when doing so? Might want to try something other than Windows to format it.

Try one of these programs out and see it works:

http://en.kioskea.net/download/formatting-partitioning-73

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to watch my usb my usb flash drive on a vcr with inputs [ 3 Answers ]

I want to whatch my avi files on my thumb drive through my old vcr that does have the audio video inputs. What can of converter do I need to purchase, or is there one?

An erased usb flash drive [ 2 Answers ]

My usb flash drive has been giving me an error message of please insert a disk in drive Eand in properties am getting zero bytes of free space.please help.

USB Flash Drive [ 4 Answers ]

What is the largest GB that a USB Flash Drive come in?

USB flash drive problems in windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Hii, Whenever I plugin any kind of usb flash drive to my gateway profile 5 machines running windows xp(sp2) the computer reboots automatically before detecting the drive. I think this problem started after installing sp2 in my machine. This problem is really frustating. Any kind of help or...

View more questions Search