Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor1313 View Post
    The other mom the one i wrote this about would probablly say i'm book smart and make good grades. But that would be it because she sees eveything wrong with me and nothing right.
    So what would she tell me is wrong with you?
    Taylor1313 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 03:09 PM
    She'd would say that I ignore everything she says,that I don't act my age I act like I'm a baby. She would probably say that I need to grow up and stop being such a brat.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 03:22 PM
    she'd would say that i ignore everything she says,that i don't act my age i act like i'm a baby. She would probablly say that i need to grow up and stop being such a brat.
    Is any of that true?

Dec 2, 2010, 05:21 PM
    No its just everything she says hurts my feelings and makes me feel stupid. She asks me if she's wrong and because I don't say anything back she assumes I'm ignoring her. But if I do answer her and she gets mad because I (apparently) have an attitude. And she thinks I don't act my age because I cry sometimes about how she treats me and she gets annoyed and if she tells my dad I'm acting like a baby I'll get in trouble and have to go to my room. And I'm not a brat I don't try to at least she just gets mad at me about anything and everything I do. Is that fair that I get in trouble because she doesn't want to deal with me?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 06:09 PM
    no its just everything she says hurts my feelings and makes me feel stupid. she asks me if shes wrong and because i don't say anything back she assumes i'm ignoring her. but if i do answer her and she gets mad because i (apparently) have an attitude. and she thinks i don't act my age because i cry sometimes about how she treats me and she gets annoyed
    Let's agree your mom is wrong -- or at least going about this the wrong way. What can you do or say differently to improve the situation?

What if you would ask her how you can do better? What if you ask her what you can change to improve things? And you want specifics, like "make your bed every morning" or "pick up your clothes and don't just drop them on the floor" or "clean off the table without being told." Don't just stay quiet when she asks if she's wrong, but turn it into a question to her, "What specifically can I do to make life better for you and the family?" That way you don't have an "attitude" but show your maturity. And don't cry. Try to smile more and be positive.

Make each conversation with your mom your Academy Award performance of the year.

Dec 5, 2010, 05:11 PM
    I'll try but its not all me. She made me feel so alone and on my own today that I carved the word "hate" in my wrist and I didn't even do anything to her at all. I don't understand why she could start yelling at me and not care that I leave for 20 minutes then reappear and th eonly person that knows what I did except joshua. I have nothing to smile about though.that's why I don't smile but no one understands so I doubt you will either.but I will try the whole question thing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2010, 05:42 PM
    I'll try but its not all me. She made me feel so alone and on my own today that I carved the word "hate" in my wrist
    Nobody "makes" anybody feel any particular way. It's your choice to feel that way. You had the choice to cut or not, and you chose to do it. Your mom didn't "make" you do it.
    I have nothing to smile about though.that's why I don't smile
    Oh, but you do. There is always something to smile about. A year ago, I ended up as an emergency patient in the hospital -- had severe anemia and breast cancer, but I smiled my way through it. By March, the worst was over, but it took six months of smiling to get through it all -- transfusions, surgery, radiation, poking and prodding of all kinds.
    but no one understands so I doubt you will either.
    True. I can't walk in your moccasins, nor can you walk in mine. I'm telling you what has worked for me. Maybe it will work for you.
    but I will try the whole question thing.
    Thank you. Please let me know what happens.

Dec 6, 2010, 06:17 PM
    I know she doesn't make me but I can't really explain it. Have you ever felt like no one was around to stop you from doing something stupid,until it was too late. I promise you I do have one or two things to smile about:one my boyfriend whom I love and two my best friend who is always there even when we disagree. But as far as my family is concerned I have no reason to smile. No one gets it I don't smile because my life is a mess I don't smile because no one is ever around for me to smile. I tried the question thing and it didn't work all I did was ask a simple one. She asked me why do I act like a baby and I said what does everyone want me to do to change. She just started all on me yelling and screaming at me saying that didn't answer her question.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 06:23 PM
    she just started all on me yelling and screaming at me saying that didn't answer her question.
    I wish you could give me her phone number and let me call her, but we can't do that. Instead, read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (from the public library or school library). Let me know when you finish it (it won't take long).

Dec 6, 2010, 06:30 PM
    I don't have access to the public library but I'll try the school's library.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 06:51 PM
    i don't have access to the public library but i'll try the school's library.
    Why no access to the public library?

Dec 7, 2010, 03:59 PM
    I have.no way to get there. My parents have never taken me and they don't think we need a public library if we have 5million books at our house and more in a school library.
    JaneDoexxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 08:10 AM
    I can answer you as someone who, just a mere year ago, cut herself. I did it for the most stupid reasons, but it destroyed me even more. I felt ashamed of myself for what I did, but it was a viscious cycle because the though made me cut again. Until one day, I decided I didn't want to do it anymore. I craved for it, I wanted to. Sometimes I picked up the scissors and brushed my wrist, but I never actually did it from that moment on. I never told me parents, there are only three people who know: my two best friends and my boyfriend. I couldn't count how many times I opened my mouth to say 'mom, I cut myself, help me out'. But I knew I would have hurt her more. So I kept my mouth shut, and I swore to myself two things. That, since I stopped, I wasn't ever going to tell my parents. And that I wouldn't ever do it again. Now I'm fine, I'm happy and although I'm struggling and life is tough I feel much better without the cutting. That was the harderst decision I ever made, but it was also the best.
    Telling your mom would make you feel better, and she would listen. It can only make things better, really.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 31, 2011, 12:22 PM
    Write her a letter, that's how I told my Dad. Don't blame her for making you cut though, nobody makes you but yourself. Just explain everything to her. She can get you the help to stop and to make the relationship between her and you better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My stepmom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok she is nice but she can be the evilest of demons. Yesterday she told my dad that I told her the f word because she did not oick me uo from school, I had actually said "are you freakin serious!?" I explained it and to day she's being really grouchy and mean because apparently she doesn't believe...

My blower on inside unit will not cut off I cut and crimped wires back together [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I put the blue and red wire to the blower on the inside unit

How do I get my stepmom to believe me [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living with my dad and stepmom for about 5 years now and things have not got better with mine and her relationship. Ever sense me and my dad moved in with her and her 4 kids, we have never got along. I admit I lie sometimes over dumb things, but maybe if my stepmom was more...

Going to be a stepmom but not what you think! [ 8 Answers ]

I was dating my boyfriend for about 5 years. And 2 years into our relationship we had a child. We were both pleased and very happy but unfortunately we split when our daughter was 3 and a half. We were apart for 1 year but he continued to ask for me back, we'll we got back together a few months...

View more questions Search