Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SarahAnne82 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2011, 11:31 PM
    How can I get a 10 year old girl to leave me alone?
    She's my step sister, and I'm 14, I find it really annoying that she's always using my stuff and telling me what to do! I'm too nice to tell her to just **** off,but it's getting really annoying, what can I do??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 11:34 PM

Talk to your parents about it.

Jul 16, 2011, 11:44 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I've tried, it doesn't really work.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2011, 12:43 AM

Will your parents allow you to get a lock for bedroom door? For the inside and outside, you can lock it when you're out so she can't get in and for privacy when you're home, just don't lock it at night when you're sleeping for safety reasons!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2011, 01:47 AM

Give her what she wants on your terms.

First ask yourself what does she want? Your attention, your time, someone to hang out with?

Give her a time when you can do stuff together, something fun, during the activity talk about how you really like something about her and how it's a good quality, then move on to talking about your personal affects and how they are important to you.

She's very young and you can influence her in a positive way, you can become great friends, but you will have to lead the way, as she is still too young to nurture a friendship.
    lira98 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 08:47 PM
    I'm 14 as well, I have a little 10yr old brother. Believe me, parents NEVER listen. EVER. What I do is just take a walk. I just throw my hands up and take a walk. If that doesn't work just shove some headphones in your ears and blast some music. It shows that you're purposly ignoring them and they will eventually leave. Or just ignore their existence. When they talk just keep your face straight and show noooo sign of their existence! Hope this helped!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lira98 View Post
    I'm 14 as well, i have a little 10yr old brother. Believe me, parents NEVER listen. EVER. What I do is just take a walk. I just throw my hands up and take a walk. If that dosent work just shove some headphones in ur ears and blast some music. it shows that you're purposly ignoring them and they will eventually leave. or just ignore their existance. When they talk just keep ur face straight and show noooo sign of their existance! Hope this helped!
    Parents listen, you just might not like what they have to say. Just because you don't agree with what us parents say doesn't make us wrong.

Once you are a parent, you will understand.

Jul 17, 2011, 11:32 PM
    Comment on adviceishere's post
    My door does have a lock, but I have a TV cord running through the side so I can't shut it all the way.
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 05:06 AM

You're between a rock & a hard place. Talk to your parents again & again if you have to. Don't stop until your little sis stops.
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Jul 22, 2011, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Parents listen, you just might not like what they have to say. Just because you don't agree with what us parents say doesn't make us wrong.

Once you are a parent, you will understand.
    Not all do J_9, My father never did, then again he was never a good parent being abusive toward me and my mother.

My little brother would break my things, hit me, kick me, and injure me in various ways and my father would just tell me to shut up and that I was more annoying than my brother, then go about his cheating on the computer.
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Jul 22, 2011, 03:17 AM

If she's anything like my little brother was, she won't leave you alone. You have to make compromises. She wants attention, a playmate, etc. Give her a portion of your time.

The ignoring suggestion might work, it might not. I know my brother would continue doing whatever he was doing until he got a reaction, whether it took a few minutes or a few hours. (Let me tell you that boy was a stubborn bugger!)

But really, she's your step sister, learn to get along by making a compromise. You play whatever game or do whatever activity for 1 hour and you get the next hour alone.

You could also persuade her to partake in quiet activities or independent activities. Or have fun with it and play along with her games until she's tuckered out.

When you are 14 you may think "I'm too grown up to play ponies" or "playing freezetag is for kids" but trust me. If you let loose and enjoy yourself, it helps you both get along and see eye to eye more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this girl but she has a girlfriend how do I get her to leave her girl? [ 11 Answers ]

There is this girl, I really like her lot and she likes me to but yet she is n a relationship with a girl and has been for 17 months! Me and her have this connection more than friends like she will come over and we will cuddle and kiss and stuff bt nothing major. We have tlkd about hooking up but...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

In the State of Maine is it legal for an 18 year old male to date a 16 year old girl [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 18 years old and wants to date a girl who is 16 years old and will turn 17 years old in 2 weeks. Is this legal?

Is it legal for an 19 year old girl to date a 16 year old girl in Oregon? [ 2 Answers ]

We are both girl's and wanting to know if it is legal to date each other?

View more questions Search