Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apple001 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Epilepsy and Lamotrigine (Lamictal)
    Hi I had a few questions if anyone could answer. So I was moved to 200mg (usually one in the night) instead of 2 in the day. Anyway I've been on that since about May. About 2 weeks ago I took a trip to a different state and on the way there I got really bad jerks and I had taken my pill and so it really scared me because if I moved I jerked.

So on the way back in the train ride I took a 200mg at 1am since the train came at 3am. But then the time got switched up and the train came at 5am. So I took the next one at about 6am. Then when I woke up around 1pm I took another. Now since the second pill my eyes went crazy! I couldn't see! I was seeing double and I couldn't stand straight because it was hard to see. Literally I was seeing double heads when I looked up. I thought it was just because I was tired because when I was with my friend at 1am in her room waiting for it to turn about 2am to go to the station I started seeing her head double and I thought it was my glasses but no! Even with glasses I saw double. I got really scared though because it was hard to walk in the train ride.

I am guessing that because I drank so much mg of Lamotrigine within a day but I was trying to be safe about it. Any help?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2011, 08:00 PM

Visual disturbances including blurred and double vision are noted side effects of Lamictal (lamotrigine). See Lamictal (Lamotrigine) Drug Information: User Reviews, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Dosage at RxList and/or Lamictal (lamotrigine)

When you experience such side effects it should always be presented to the prescribing physician. While you are probably correct in your assessment you want to make certain that this experience wasn't an early indication of a more pervasive reaction to the medication. Your doctor or the dispensing pharmacist can advise you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is switching to Lamictal safe? [ 3 Answers ]

My doctor would like me to try Lamictal (lamotrogine) as a mood stabilizer. I have read the list of side effects which include the life threatening Stevens-Johnson rash and I am flat out frightened. Big Pharma says it's safe (but with a huge disclaimer). The choice is mine. Anybody had any...

Lamictal and bipolar disorder II [ 39 Answers ]

Has anyone tried lamictal and had any bad side effects? I've been doing a little online research on it and most of the sites say the same thing. The only thing I haven't seen was short term memory loss or not being able to concentrate. Is this normal? I'm feeling a little weird and groggy out of...

Changing medications from Lithium to Lamictal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There, I've been on Lithium for 27 years.. now, I'd like to try Lamictal. I welcome comments from those who have switched from Lithium to Lamictal.. What side effects did you experience? How long have you been on Lamictal?

View more questions Search