Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadennguyen10 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Should I Stay or Leave?
    My relationship is really complicated, but I am just going to highlight the main points. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year. During those 1 year, we decided to take a break for 2 months because she liked somebody during that time. After those 2 months, we came back together and we solved our problems. Apparently, everything seemed work out fine between us. Then one day,she started to fall for another guy. She told me that she likes him, and he likes my girlfriend too. I decided to end the relationship so that she can be with him. However, she does not want to end it. She wants to be with me, but she keeps chatting and texting with the other guy. I really don't know what to do? I want to end it, but she doesn't want to. We decided to stay together, but she keeps texting the other guy and talking to him. Should I stay or Should I leave?
    kasak1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Do you really think putting effort for a bit*h worth it?. she will do it every 3 months. How long you will take it.
    Don't make yourself a second option, have a final word with her and move on

Jun 5, 2011, 04:39 PM
    Hi Kasak,
    I said to her that you can be with him, and I'll move on with my life. However, she got all emotional and she said she loves me, and she wants to be with me. We have been together for a while, so I still have some feeling for her. That's the reason why I still try to hold on.
    I just want to have a happy ending between me and her.
    Thanks for the reply Kasak.
    kasak1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Comment on kadennguyen10's post
    I just went through a similar situation and sooner or later we all have to realize

Is she loves me?? If she really does than why do she need to look here and there?? So unless she find a better one, you are her option. Its good to hold the relation and not just throw it in a towell, but you can't keep it wet all the times as well. If she is willing to changer her.. its fine, else the same situation will come again after 3 months
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 05:20 PM

I wouldn't give a rats patoot what she wanted, or what feeling I had. The right thing to do is screw her and what she wants, and run for the hills.

Because what you really want is a loving loyal partner, not a part time, sometime female who follows her feelings whether it hurts you or not, and does as she pleases, with you or WHOMEVER is the new flavor.

Disappear before you get hurt again, or you only have yourself to blame. The FACTS of the matter far outweigh the FEELINGS, and you lose.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Jun 5, 2011, 08:52 PM

I wouldn't give a rats patoot what she wanted, or what feeling I had. The right thing to do is screw her and what she wants, and run for the hills.
    wow Tal! And I was told I was harsh! :)

@ kadennguyen10

She doesn't love you. She dosen't respect you or value you any more than a used welcome mat.

She's keeping you on the hook so when her new fling bounces, she has you to come back too. You're her 'old reliable'. Feed you a line or two and you'll stay panting and waiting.

Have more respect yourself and stop allowing yourself to be used in such a dergatory manner.

Jun 5, 2011, 09:06 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Yah I told her that I want to end the relationship and stuff like that, but she always get mad when I bring up the "broke up" topic. She said that I hurt her feeling and I am a jerk. I am not a needy type or clingy. I just want to have a happy ending with her because we actually had a good time together. If I walk away, she will get mad at me, and its going to be awkward situation between us later on.
    Thanks for the reply talaniman.

Jun 5, 2011, 09:06 PM
    Comment on kadennguyen10's post
    You are right kasak. I like your example. I will try to talk to her and figure out the problem. Thanks
    Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 09:22 PM

All due respect guy, but taking the easy way out, and allowing her to bully you into doing what she wants makes me think that she has you wrapped around her finger, because you are scared to stand up to her. No wonder she treats you like a punk, and does as she pleases with other guys.

No self respecting guy puts up with that crap. "She will be mad at you for breaking up with her" my a$$! Sorry guy, but if you can't respect yourself, don't expect anyone else to, especially not her.

Jun 5, 2011, 11:21 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    I totally agree with you, so there is no other way to solve this problem beside end the relationship? Should I told her to either choose me and stop talking to the other guy or should I just end it without any explanation?

Jun 5, 2011, 11:27 PM
    Comment on mystific's post
    Haha you are on the right track.
    Im sorry, but how can I have more respect to myself? Like walk away? Because I did that too but it did not work out because she cried and yah. Can you give me an example to have more respect to myself?
    Thanks
    Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 11:44 AM

You let her cry, rant, call names, but you stick to your guns, no matter what fuss she kicks up.

Allowing bad behavior, and bad treatment, will get you more of it, as you are finding out!
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Jun 7, 2011, 04:09 PM

Im sorry, but how can I have more respect to myself? Like walk away? Because I did that too but it did not work out because she cried and yah. Can you give me an example to have more respect to myself?
    How does one gain more respect for oneself.. lets see.

Having a sense of dignity and pride in yourself. By not allowing her to treat you like crap. She's using you. And you allow it. There's no pride in the way that you ALLOW yourself to be used.

If you treat people in a certain respectful manner, expect nothing less in return.

Ask yourself how she would have reacted had you said you wanted her to break up with you to pursue another woman because you were bored of her and wanted something new. How do you believe she would act?

I could tell you it wouldn't go down well. You would then be inundated with "you don't love me", "what did I do wrong".. etc...

I'm not suggesting you do this, but it is an example of how that scenario may pan out.

I won't suggest you walk away. You don't have to. She did. If she wants to cry.. tell her to buy a box of tissues. If she wants to blame you.. tell someone who gives a monkeys. Remember she left YOU to be with SOMEONELSE.

She doesn't repsect or value you. So really the question is.. do you respect and value yourself as man to be treated like dirt?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Leave or Stay? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello my name is Toshima and me and my boyfriend have been together for two months now and I really don't think our relationship is going anywhere he says that there's a connection but I just don't know.. We are two completely different people he's like the party type while I'm more of a cool laid...

To stay or leave him? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 31, and my husband is 39, I met him when I was 18 when I was visiting U.S from Europe, and I knew from the start he has control and jealousy issues with tendency to be abusive, but I got pregnant right away (he was my first man) and our child was born with many rare health problems, and goes...

This is okay? Ill just stay decide to leave you but stay with you for 8 months [ 11 Answers ]

Let me quote this from another thread... She didn't just wake up and change her mind, she has thought of this for a long time. YOU are the one who is just finding out. To make things worse, I have strong evidence that she has entered a rebound relationship, with a guy she met only 3 days...

Should I stay or leave? [ 1 Answers ]

Last year, I met someone at work. We began dating, even though I was in another relationship, sort of. My other relationship I had ben disconnected from for a long time. So, I found myself moving in with my co-worker with my two children ages 6 and 1. Things were going relatively fine, however,...

Should I leave or should I stay [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my fiancée he is a good man good father and we are about to walk down the isle in 2 months the problem I have is 2 years ago I found a message text on his phone with when is the big day I love you kiss kiss so I confronted my partner and he told me that was an old male...

View more questions Search