Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

May 20, 2011, 05:31 AM
    Are you sure? This is your translation of the bible. There are many different translations. Funny how the book that's supposed to be inspired by God leads to millions of different translations. I'm betting that you're all wrong. It's just a book, and nowhere in that book does it give an exact date for the end of the world. That's human deduction. Humans have been known to be wrong.

Hi Altenweg,

I agree the book called the bible has had many interpretation that are false, yet if the book itself is compared to the original writings. The bible itself tells us
    “Make sure of all things.” 1 Thessalonians 5:21
    Many people, even those who claim to be Christian and go to church, do not know what the bible teaches. They follow along the line of what their parents do or the preacher standing at the podium, interrupting to their congregation what they feel the bible says. Yet the bible says:

1 John 4:1 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.
    Most have their own interpretation of the bible; obviously not all of them can be right.
    Notice what the apostle Paul wrote at:
    “2 Peter 3:16 speaking about these things as he does also in all [his] letters. In them, however, are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
    If we want the correct interpretation we need consider the surrounding verses of any statement and we need to compare the text we read to the rest of the bible dealing with the same subject.

Some churches regard as obsolete those parts of the bible that contradict with their churches teaching or liberal views of morality for fear they might loss members. They excuse gross sin, even amongst their church leaders.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For there will be a period when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. Also in Proverbs 30:6 Add nothing to his words, that he may not reprove you, and that you may not have to be proved a liar.
    Now if you take the time to look in your copy of the bible, you will find the above scriptures say the
    Same thing mine does. Man's interpretation is what changes the bible, not God.

I also agree that as to the time of the end of the world no one knows that IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS:
    Mark 13:32-33 “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. 33 Keep looking; keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is.
    Peace,
    Hope12

May 20, 2011, 05:35 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Hi Chuck,

You got it, the enod of the world the3 way we know it! As to when to party we do not really know because the bible says we don't know when it will take place.

Thanks
    Hope12

May 20, 2011, 05:37 AM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Hi Needkarma,Yes, when God does away with the wicked ones, only good peoplle will survive!

Thanks Hope12
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2011, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    if the book itself is compared to the original writings
    There are no "original writings."

May 20, 2011, 06:13 AM
    For me the actual END of the world will take place after the release of Satan after the 1000 year reign. There will be a revolt where satan and followers will try to take over. That ushers is the Great White Throne judgment. After the judgement God creates a new heaven and new earth.
    Helo classyT,

I agree that after the 1,000 year reign, Satan will be let lose, where he will try to turn against God;s servants. Then the 1,000 year reign will end when the final judgement will take place.

Where we differ slightly is that I believe there will take place a tribulation, then they 1000 year reign and then Armageddon.

While on the Mount of Olives, Jesus' Disciples asked a question concerning the end of this world or system. Jesus mentioned:
    “Matthew 24:21 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.. .
    What does this 'great tribulation' mean to you personally?

Then the bible speaks Armageddon or Har-Magedon, which is in Greek “ Mountain of Megiddo” or Mountain of assembly of Troops. Notice what the Bible says at:

Revelation 16:13-16 And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. 15 “Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.” 16 And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma•ged′on.
    What does this scripture mean to you? I am asking you these questions because so far you and I are close in our beliefs.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hope12

May 20, 2011, 08:35 AM
    There are no "original writings."
    Hello Wondergirl,

I stand corrected, you are right there are no original but thousands of ancient copies of small and large sections of the books of the Bible have been unearthed. A fragment of one of these books, the Gospel of John, dates to within just a few decades of the original document written by the apostle John. The Bible is a remarkable story of survival. The original writings were written on fragile material which was used by the Egyptians, Phoenicians and the Romans. Yet the Bible did survive by accurate copies that matched historical an Scientific facts.

The Bible survival in its accurate form survives even in modern world, and is the worlds most published book. Why? This is the bible' reply:

1 Peter 1:24-25 because All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, 25 But the word of the LORD endures forever.”(NKJV)
    There were ancient scrolls found in 1947 in the caves near the Dead Sea. The scrolls showed just how accurate the copying of the scriptures was. The scrolls has a copy of the book of Isaiah which is some
    1,000 years older then any of the manuscripts that were previously available. Even though the years the differences did not change the meaning of the text , only the wording and grammar, but never the message or the text.

Bible scholar William Henry Green could therefore say:
    “It may be safely said that no other work of antiquity has been so accurately transmitted.” we can be confident that the Bible still contains the information found in those ancient original manuscripts.
    Hence, this Scriptural statement has proved true: 1 Peter 1:24because All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the LORD endures forever.”(NKJV)

Yes, the original message of the bible will never die.

Again, I stand corrected, “There are no original writings” however, if we believe the bible to truly be inspired of God, and what the Bible itself states at 1 Peter 24,25, then we would believe in our heart with all confidence that the message from the bible is the same as the original writing.

Professor James L. Kugel provides one reason. He says: "
    that the original writings were copied “many, many times even within the biblical period itself.”
    Respected Bible scholar F. F. Bruce says:
    “The evidence for our New Testament writings is ever so much greater than the evidence for many writings of classical authors, the authenticity of which no one dreams of questioning.” He continues: “If the New Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authenticity would generally be regarded as beyond all doubt.”
    The Bible will and is the same today as it was in the time of its writing. The bible don't change, the translations of it change by individuals for personal reasons deviate from its original message.

Peace,
    Hope12
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2011, 09:19 AM

The bible is a product of where you come from, and who conquered what land, and what's interesting is the modern bible is but a root of a larger tree in a certain part of the world.

Other culture can trace their bibles, and original writings back even further. Centuries even. Their story of survival is just as fascinating. Hard to be stuck on one view, when there are so many, and most have predictions of great change through the rise of changing awareness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If the world does end in 2012 then how will it end? [ 11 Answers ]

If the world does end in 2012 ( please ignore if you don't think it will ) then how will it end?

In Missouri, My lease end at the end of Sept. [ 4 Answers ]

I have let my landlord I will be moving, he put the house on Craigs list with address for rent without telling me. This morning I had a strange lady on my door step wanting to see house. I was very unhappy to say the least my landlord said he could show it all he wanted. Can he do this if so is he...

What is back end and front end collection [ 1 Answers ]

What is back end and front end collection

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

View more questions Search