Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onang Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 02:37 AM
    What must she do after finding out that her boyfriend of three years cheated on her?
    My best friend of mine has a very huge problem so she asked me to ask her questions on this site. This is her situation, Her boyfriend of three years went to Malaysia six months ago and my best-friend is in the Philippines so therefore they have the long distance relationship now. After several months of being apart my best friend found out that her boyfriend cheated on her. He has a relationship with a girl who is nearby his workplace in Malaysia. When my best friend knew what happened, her boyfriend admitted the situation and asked for forgiveness form my best friend. My best friend loves the guy so much but her trust has been destroyed already and she doesn't know what to do because although the guy said that they're now over with his other girl, my friend can't attest that because she's too far from her boyfriend. Should she give him a second chance? They're planning to get married after his contract abroad. Please help. Thank you.
    thadevilsadvocate Posts: 122, Reputation: 62

May 11, 2011, 08:21 AM
    In the best interest of your friend, she should NOT give this guy a second chance. Regardless of whether things are over with the girl he cheated with, this needs to be the end for him. Especially considering that they are in different countries. It happened once, what is to keep him from doing it again? Clearly he didn't consider your friends feelings when he cheated the first time, so why should she be considerate of his wants and needs now? I'm sorry fro your friend, but its better that she won't have to waste anymore time on him now.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Trust is destroyed, without trust there is no relationship (at least not a healthy one), therefore, relationship is destroyed. No second chance, tell her to end things with that cheater. Just curious though how did she find out something like that? Because if she trusted him to begin with she wouldn't be snooping around, so maybe this wasn't meant to be even before the cheating happened.

Good luck,
    Javi
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 01:42 PM

Maybe your friend should wait until her contract is up before she decides to give him another chance, or even plan to marry this cheater.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend cheated after 2 years and is now pregnant. [ 8 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that we are 100% sure that I am not the father. I love my girlfriend very much. But after 2 years she had a one night stand with an ex after we got into a fight and is now pregnant with his baby (And she no longer keeps contact with that ex). She says that she will...

3 years together - ex-fiance cheated [ 15 Answers ]

Ah this may be a little long, been reading a few topics here for a about a month, and thought I might as well come out My Ex and met 3 years ago. I did not want a relationship at that time, as I was dealing with trust issues, as my previous ex before just one day stopped answering her phone...

Being cheated on and left for someone else after 3 years [ 9 Answers ]

I would like to apologize for writing so much but I wouldn’t know what to keep out. One month ago I split up with my girlfriend, with which we had been together for 3 years. The last 2.5 months have probably been the worst in my life so far. Over the last month before breaking up for the first...

He cheated on me after 15 years, we both still love each other - do we try again? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 15 years - half our lives. We were high school sweethearts, moved to NYC together, and have together for the past 10 years. We have no kids but had dreams of someday leaving the city and starting our "adult" life. We didn't have a perfect relationship -...

What do I do, my boyfriend of 2 years cheated on me and now wants to take a break? [ 12 Answers ]

Well I've been in a happy relationship with my boyfriend. We were very serious and I even moved in with him. Well lately he's been acting really strange and distant. And I found out Saturday by checking his myspace that he was meeting another girl at the mall. Well so I investigated this and found...

View more questions Search