Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shrtbus Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 10:45 PM
    I feel worthless, do I have anxiety?
    I think I have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I don't want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things on my own. I can't engage in normal conversation, so getting a job is really hard. I have panic attacks, I start sweating, my face gets red and I start burning up, something is really wrong with me. Can somebody please help me because I feel like my life is meaningless. I can't just go see a doctor because its hard to talk to people, and it would be even harder to talk to a doctor. Maybe somebody can tell me what's wrong with me and what I need to do to fix it. Please help me!
    squackmaster Posts: 43, Reputation: 9

Feb 5, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shrtbus
    I think i have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I dont want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things on my own. I can't engage in normal conversation, so getting a job is really hard. I have panic attacks, i start sweating, my face gets red and I start burning up, something is really wrong with me. Can somebody please help me because I feel like my life is meaningless. I can't just go see a doctor because its hard to talk to people, and it would be even harder to talk to a doctor. Maybe somebody can tell me whats wrong with me and what I need to do to fix it. Please help me!
    It sounds like you have signs of depression. You really need to talk to somebody about this. It will only get worse if you keep it to yourself. Talking to somebody(a professional) can also help with the panic attacks. Please talk to somebody today.

Feb 6, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Maybe I am depressed, but I don't see how that would affect me being able to talk to people. Thanks for the answer squackmaster, at least someone cares:)
    8Powell8 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
    shrtbus:

Don't resist the feelings you have. Try to take some time on your own and experience (feel) how worthless you are, how much your life doesn't have meaning or purpose and how HORRIBLE that is.

The more you resist feeling like this, the more it will persist in your life.

How much you DON'T want to be worthless? How horrible does it feel to be worthless?

The more you resist being and avoid feeling this way, the more it will grow on you.

Also, there is nothing "bad" about being this way. If you have a thought or a feeling that is bad, horrible or wrong to be worthless, ask yourself: who decided it's bad to be this way? Who is making this judgment? Who is suffering the consequences?

It is all within you and you must accept yourself in the total of your own creation to be able to change what you feel is not "right" in you.

Peace!
    AuntMin1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Dear shrtbus- You may not realize this, but you are perfectly normal. You appear to exhibit signs of anxiety with panic attacks. Depending on the severity you may need to seek professional help. Ask your family to help you, If you truly cannot leave the house, have someone come to you. Therapists are amazing these days, clergy, local clinics, you would be surprised in our area(rural) our physicians will make house calls. I bet a lot of them would in other areas too. You are not too old to seek addition support and help from your parents. Do they know you feel this way? If not I bet they would like you to ask them. If you can't tell them, write it down. There are a lot of educational programs on-line-you don't have to attend classes. Jobs to work-at-home are available... you have many options. But first ask for help. You are a valuable person, and you deserve to have what ever kind of life you want. There are no "rules" that say you have to be out of your parents house at a certain age... and that you cannot rely on them for the rest of your life. That is what it means to be a family... turning 18 doesn't magically give you all the answers, I don't know them all... and I'm much past the 18 year mark. One way to get started is to journal your feelings, good and bad. Write down some questions you would ask if someone were to talk to you about this. You do not have to do it alone just because you are a certain age. Ask for help. Please.
    WorriedMom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
    I think i have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I dont want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things on my own. I can't engage in normal conversation, so getting a job is really hard. I have panic attacks, i start sweating, my face gets red and I start burning up, something is really wrong with me. Can somebody please help me because I feel like my life is meaningless. I can't just go see a doctor because its hard to talk to people, and it would be even harder to talk to a doctor. Maybe somebody can tell me whats wrong with me and what I need to do to fix it. Please help me!
    Start my calling an anonymous hot line in your area where you can share your concerns. This will give you practice sharing your feelings and thoughts without the person knowing who you are. Most hotlines will not ask for any identifying information. Then, go see a professional. You may be suffering from anxiety, it's hard to know if it is social anxiety, performance anxiety, or whether it is normal for your age, based on what you shared. However, it appears that you may be depressed. Depression strikes people your age, especially, since you are in a transition stage. Seek help from a trained professional who can help you sort out these symptoms. Check the yellow pages for a crisis hot line or mental health center in your area. Good luck
    WorriedMom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Start my calling an anonymous hot line in your area where you can share your concerns. This will give you practice sharing your feelings and thoughts without the person knowing who you are. Most hotlines will not ask for any identifying information. Then, go see a professional. You may be suffering from anxiety, it's hard to know if it is social anxiety, performance anxiety, or whether it is normal for your age, based on what you shared. However, it appears that you may be depressed. Depression strikes people your age, especially, since you are in a transition stage. Seek help from a trained professional who can help you sort out these symptoms. Check the yellow pages for a crisis hot line or mental health center in your area. Good luck

Feb 6, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Thank you guys so much, I think I'm going to get through this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling worthless [ 7 Answers ]

I lived with a woman for 3 years, had a son with her. Now I live by myself after having a family for 3 years. I felt as if she mentally abused me with her insults, which are making me feel worthless. I have 2 conflicting dilemmas here. 1. I want to go back with her since I still love her....

How to write off a 50000 mortgage that has become worthless. [ 1 Answers ]

Taxable income 150000 - loss of mortgage of 50000- what is the taxable income . What form is used to write off the mortgage?

Tax credit for worthless stock inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

A worthless stock is part of my inheritance. Any tax value?

Knowing if stock is worthless [ 3 Answers ]

We bought 10,000 shares of stock in the late 90's in a "startup" company through a Canadian broker (we are in U.S.) which, as best we can tell, went belly-up. The brokerage gave us the stock certificate a few years ago. It is not traded anywhere. I would like to write it off as worthless stock....

Deducting a worthless stock [ 1 Answers ]

A stock I bought about 3 years ago is now worthless. I can't sell, it has no value. How can I claim this loss? Can I simply use Schedule D? Or is there something else I have to do?

View more questions Search