Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katybear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Mortgage closing documents legally binding?
    On Friday we signed and paid on our mortgage refinance in the presence of a notary. Today (Monday) we got a call saying that they made a mistake on our interest rate on the documents and we have to reclose on the house. This is one of multiple things they have messed up along with way so we didn't catch it since practically nothing they have told us has been right.
    Is it legal for them to force us to reclose or is the original closing document together with notary and payment legally binding? Also, they say the loan will expire on the 11th and we may not be able to reclose by then since I am due to have a baby in one week. Is it legal for them to drop the whole loan if we cannot reschedule our closing before that date?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Most likely when you signed the documents they included a paper that said you would cooperate with them in correcting any mistakes made during the closing. However they cannot change the terms of the loan. As long as the new closing papers are in agreement with the terms of the mortgage commitment they gave you then yes, it is legal for them to require new paperwork to be signed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 07:10 PM

Where the papers you signed, already signed and accepted by the lender ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do You Write A Legally-Binding Document [ 12 Answers ]

In our current court order, dated August, 2010, I have the "sole-decision-making authority to make all educational decisions regarding school and otherwise" for our minor 4 minor children. There is, however, the added stipulation that requires I "notify" the other parent 45-days prior to changing...

Is a notorized mortgage document in NJ legally binding in GA? [ 9 Answers ]

I did an owner financed mortgage with me signing and notorizing the papers in NJ and sending them to the financier in GA. I tried refinancing and discovered that the financier inflated the value of the house. I asked the financier to forward to me the papers of the most recent estate value of the...

Are deposits legally binding [ 7 Answers ]

My son paid a deposit for a car,the seller has now changed his mind, he also signed a hand written receipt, my son still wants the car

Is a verbal agreement legally binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My father-in-law is visiting us in Arkansas and was considering moving here. He looked at some homes for sale, and made a verbal offer (no realtors or paperwork involved) on a house. The seller counter-offered, but would not come down far enough. My f-i-l never signed any paperwork or offered...

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

View more questions Search