Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jemima Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
    How do I know I'm pregnant?
    My period started on the 2/1/07 I had unprotected sex during my period on the 4/1/07 and my period stopped straight afterwards. I then had unprotected sex on the 27/1/07. My period was due on the 2/2/07 and hasn't arrived. I took a pregnancy test which came back negative but I have spells of nausea and tender breast. Was I too early to take the pregnancy test when I did? If I am pregnant that's great if not that's fine but how do I find out? This waiting is killing me!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Well, you haven't been waiting too long really. Your period was only due yesterday, so you aren't even medically considered late yet.

What you are experiencing could be period symptoms exaggerated by stress about pregnancy.

You should wait until your period is late, about a week, and test again using first morning urine.

You do not mention your age, this is important in helping you as accurately as the internet will allow.

Feb 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I am 21. Would it be likely to get pregnant in terms of the times I had unprotected sex. My periods are quite regular however I don't really understand the concept of ovulation... is it possible to know from the information I've provided whether I had sex during my most fertile times? Furthermore can you get pregnant when your not ovulating? How do I know when I was ovulating?
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 11:11 AM
    It does not look as if you had sex during ovulation times.

Are you in fact trying to get pregnant, or trying to avoid pregnancy?

Feb 3, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Its only the thought of being pregnant that has made me and my boyfriend realise its something we want however, he has said that if I am not pregnant then we won't try but if I am then it would be a good thing. So in this case I am hoping that I am, though it was unplanned.
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Well, ovulation usually occurs about 11 - 13 days after the first day of your period. So, if your period is on the 1st day of the month then you will probably be ovulating around the 11th - 13th.

Once you ovulate then you only have about 24 hours for the egg to be fertalized. I know it is a miracle we ever get pregnant isn't it.

Now, if you are not, but you decide to try, remember all that a baby entails. If you have not had one before, then it is hard to imagine everything that goes into it. Medical bills, sick babies, vaccinations, child care, food, clothes, diapers OTC meds if they get a cold... the list is endless and the expenses are enormous. Just remember that.

Also remember that it is easier for one person to walk out of the relationship when times get tough, and they do (trust me I have had 4 babies) if you are not married than if you are married.

Just food for thought.

Feb 3, 2007, 04:03 PM
    I have thought about the fact that because I am so worried about my period its creating false pregnancy symptoms. My boyfriend just seems to be so happy when he thinks about the possibility of me being pregnant so I suppose I am hoping I am. I just want to know so that I can tell him yes I am or no I am not and the waiting is stressing me out a lot. Also, I know it would be unlikely to get pregnant when you are not ovulating but there's so many stories I hear about girls getting pregnant when they had sex during there period etc... Does this mean there is a chance of me being pregnant and if so is that a high chance or a low?
    stella06 Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2007, 04:22 PM
    You said that your period stopped after you had sex... doesn't that mean that she could be pregnant? I am not sure but I think they say that when you are pregnant you don't get a period so your period may have stopped for that reason... I am not sure? Anyone experienced a stopped period during sex please let me know what happened.

Feb 5, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Still no sign of period.. . Took another two tests: Negative??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

I think that I may be pregnant... me and my boyfriend don't use protection and I have been urinating a lot and eating a lot... I also lost a bunch of weight just out of no where... my lower abdomen is hard and seems to be swelling a little bit.. my nipples are swollen and my brests hurt... it also...

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months now. My period was supposed to come Nov. 11-14 I am very regular so I am always on time. Around the time that my period was supposed to come I had:confused some cramping and bloating but no period. It is now Nov. 17 and I...

Could I Be Pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I had my cycle Oct. 18-21. /Oct. 28 I spoted blood; light pink/when I went to the bathroom there was a small amount that was light red and that was this morning/ my next cyle is around Nov. 15th. Could I be pregnant?

Am I Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Since Aug I started having my period every 21 days instead of 28 days meaning I was suppose to have my period on the 25th but I have not seen it yet. About a week and a half ago I started having pregnancy signs I took a pregnancy tests two days ago and it was negative I want to know if I am...

View more questions Search