mzsexy28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Custody
    Can an aunt get joint custody are visitation rights
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 09:08 PM

Why?

You can certainly see the children, or care for the children, if the parents agree.

These children have parents, they're the ones that will get custody, joint or otherwise, and visitation rights. As an aunt you have no rights to custody.
    justv Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2011, 09:36 PM
    Mzsexy28, only under certain and unusual circumstances. Not enough data to say more, but from what you ask as it is... NO.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2011, 04:52 AM

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

However I know of no area that extends visitation rights to beyond parents and grandparents. Certainly you cannot get custody unless the parents are not in the picture.

For us to help further, you need to explain the circumstances. Use the Answer options to add follow-up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre-trial, Joint Custody Vs Sole custody fight, witness [ 14 Answers ]

My two sons are currently staying with my ex-wife and I have 2 days a week interim access order in British Columbia, Canada, I stay with my parents. I have pre-trial coming up in about two months. I requested to have joint custody, but she only wants sole. There isn't any danger to my kids from me...

View more questions Search