Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shablue55 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Tub surround or tile
    What would you use acrylic tub surround or tile.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2011, 09:18 PM

That depends on your ability and the look u want.

If the prep is right, the tub surround is easier to install. Usually there is no cutting involved. The higher end unit have designs in them, if u want.

The tile would have to be cut at tub and corners. U can create your own design with the tile.

The tub surround is less labor intense.

What are u doing in rest of bathroom?

Either are very nice, but it is your eye that has to like the finish.

Chuck
    shablue55 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Comment on creahands's post
    The rest of the bathroom is going to be painted gyproc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub surround tile layout [ 2 Answers ]

Hello pros, this is the layout for bathtub surround tiling. Will the twin borders look weird or should I use only one line of border tiles? The white tiles will be at the bottom, what do you think compared that to the blue ones? Also my tiles are big, they're 12.5x18, so if the bottom lines with...

How to stick tile to a wooden fire surround [ 3 Answers ]

I have a fireplace on a raised platform that I'm re-tiling and I want to put ceramic tile on the face of the platform, around 4" high. What type of adhesive/mortar do I need? Is the hardwood the problem or the nearby heat?

Adhering tile to tub surround [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newish home (2 years old) and I really dislike the tub surround. I want to tile over it. I can't just remove it since the bathtub is part of the surround. Any advice on how to attach tile to hide it? Thanks so much!

Trying to find a one piece tub surround to fit a large jet tub [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a large juccuzzi jet tub (measures 73" long, 36" deep, and I can go as high as 78" to my ceiling) . I would like to put in a new tub surround, however, I have talked with rona, home depot, and many renovators in my area and they all are telling me that I can not...

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

View more questions Search