Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 26, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Building pecks
    I have relatively small pecks. They have no fat on them and the rest of my muscles seem to make them look miniturized so to speak. I have realtively wide sholders and thus my chest is pretty wide (I'm not by any means fat). What I would like to do is impress my girlfriend with some large full pecks. I want them firm and big enough to look the part with the rest of my body. Still don't have my six pack but I am about to start working on that and that is easy enough to achieve. What I would like to know is how do I get big pecks. High weight w/low rep. Low weight w/high rep. Or high high? I think low weight low rep will more over define them but not bulk them. I think I am supposed to go high weight low rep to bulk them. I am not sure though, can anyone help me out here?

Mar 26, 2010, 03:43 AM

My girl really likes muscles by the way. And I can get ripped very quickly. I just don't remember which one is the right reciepe know what I mean? I'd just like to bulk up, I don't really care about how strong I actually am. Steroids are way way out of the question. Don't want to be lacking anywhere else if you know what I mean. Any protein supplement that I might consider taking? I do't know the risks involved in taking muscle building supplements either but I would research it if it was a real option.
    JeffParker45 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2010, 08:01 PM

Try switching up the tempo in the lifts

Try this...

After a good warm up... 15-20 minutes cardio

Do some dumb bell chest press at 70% weight and count a 2 second press, a 2 second hold, and a 4 second down... 8-12 reps...

That's called a 4-2-2 tempo...

Followed directly by push-ups: 3-2-1 tempo...

3 seconds down on the way down, 2 second hold at the bottom, and a 1 second push up...

Do those back to back and do 6-8 reps...

Freakin A Man... your chest will be popping!

Need more chest after that, follow it with flys... but I would keep it with the two set supper set I gave you above... It's proven to biologically stimulate muscle mass...

Only do it for one month though, then switch to something else... You'll tear something if done for more then one month...

Then come back to it again a month later...

Hope that helps! :)

And try it at your own risk... And ask your doctor first before working out...
    :)
    kiwi21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2010, 03:23 AM

OK for chest strength you would stick with a couple of compound exercises for the chest and do 4-8 sets on each exercise with a rep range of 4-6 reps at 80-90% of your one rep max. For muscle hypertrophy of your chest which it sounds like you are after you need to do 3-5 different chest exercises, make sure you hit your upper and lower chest also e.g. flat bench and also incline and decline. The rep ranges for muscle hypertrophy are 8-12 reps at 60-80% of your one rep max and stick to 3 sets for each exercise, try not to rest to long between sets. Goodluck.
    kiwi21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2010, 03:39 AM

You can take a protein shake after your workout to help recover if you want but a choc milk is just as good and a lot cheaper. If you want to spend a bit more money try creatine but go for the pills they work a lot better with none of the side effects from powdered creatine. If you want to spend a bit more go for nitric oxide, superpump is the best. Don't want to spend heaps of money have a red bull or coffee before you train and choc milk after.

Apr 14, 2010, 06:42 PM

Thanks. I am currently wearing weights and carrying 40lbs whenever I hike or work. So I am getting my body used to all the extra weight and it really seems to be toning me up and building at the same time.

Apr 20, 2010, 04:21 AM

Reporting back in about my progress. Wearing the weights has really started to buff me up a lot. My girlfriend has even said that she can really tell the difference. I have a worry though, is there any negative side effect to wearing 20-40 extra lbs a day? I mean I am not wearing them 24/7 but I am wearing them a lot. And after I take them off my joints hurt a little bit. I know why my muscles are sore but my joints too? I am just wondering if I could be doing any damage to my body by working out this way.
    Anyone know if it can do damage at all? Or am I just worrying over nothing. Its not like extreme discomfort, more like a very short and mild sore feeling. Goes away quickly (as in an hour) and on a scale of 1-10 (10 beint the worst) I would say the pain is about a 2. So is it even anything to worry about at all?

Apr 20, 2010, 04:34 AM

And what is the importance of stretching? I mean if I don't do anything that could make me pull a muscle, do I really even need to stretch. I've never really practiced stretching before, but I keep hearing that I should do it and I'm like why? it seems to be a waste of time to me.
    satirical Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 09:23 AM

At the beginning of my chest routines, I like to start with doing decline dumbbell presses. It has really helped shape by chest nicely.

I choose a weight that doesn't allow anything more than 10 reps with good form.

You can find some workout routines here: Muscle Building Tips. Natural Bodybuilding. Free Workout Routines.

Apr 24, 2010, 05:54 PM

Thanks
    ok888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 02:36 PM
    If you are looking for size then 6-8 rep and max it out with the most weight you can handle but don't hurt yourself!

Want more answer stop by Muscle Building Tips, Body Building Recipes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to square and area for building a porch or building [ 1 Answers ]

How do you start from scratch and square up an area to build a porch or other building when there is no available reference point to start

How can I reduce or get rid of my pecks? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I been working out, then I gained pecks. Now my body looks uneven and I think it would be better off without pecks, because my pecks are huge and my waist is smaller. I tried to even it out, but it didn't work. I just desperately want to get rid of my pecks and have a flat chest again. ...

How do I sculpt my pecks. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know specifically how to get rid of the fat on my pecks... I can't seem to get any results ever.. I am not very motivated by other things, I need something that will keep me moving... like, dancing, or whatever... as long as I get amazing results...

View more questions Search