Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 9, 2008, 08:43 AM
    80's/90's country song?
    I can't remember the name of this song or the artist. I remember the male artist had blondish hair and was slim. It was a song that had something to do with a barn dance, and the whole "doesy doe" and "bow to your partner" thing. That is all I can remember from the lyrics. It wasn't really country western, more of a contemporary tune.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Possibly Boot Scootin' Boogie by Brooks and Dunn?
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 9, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Rednex- Cotton Eyed Joe

YouTube - Cotton-Eye Joe - Rednex (Nice quality)

Please rate my answer!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 9, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Sorry, NO on both counts, although good songs. It actually did have the lyrics that a square dance would've had, but I think the song actually had to do with a man and a woman out on a date. I know the artist didn't have a whole lot of hits, and maybe just 1 album total. I think it was right around the same time Boot Scootin Boogie was realeased though. The words dosey doe and bow to your partner were actually in the song somewhere.

Feb 10, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Going out on a limb here, but he is blonde and "slim" shady, and this song isn't really country

**Warning Explicit Lyrics**
    YouTube - Eminem - Square Dance

Don't take this answer seriously,but I'm still thinking!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Hahaha, that's funny!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Speaking of Rap (which I'm not into alot)... but there is a relatively new song, and I think it mentions Eminem in the lyrics. A black guy and a white guy singing. I think Superstar is in the lyrics?

The square dance song is going to drive me insane though! A bunch of us always used to go to a really popular bar in Calgary, AB and do a line dance to it. (well more like a circle dance I guess) but it was on the charts at the time. Like I mentioned, I think late 80's or early 90's.

Help, I need my beauty sleep... it's keeping me awake at night... LOL!

Feb 10, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Is the barn dance song by a canadian artist?

On the superstar thing, is this it?
    YouTube - Cypress Hill - Rap Superstar (Eminem)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
    YouTube - John Michael Montgomery ~ Sold(Grundy County Auction)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 18, 2008, 03:57 AM
    Oops! Sorry, I didn't answer you guys. The song isn't the Grundy Auction and the other 'rap' song isn't Eminem. (that one doesn't bother me as much) It isn't Cotton Eyed Joe. It's older than that. Sorry I don't have more info for you! All I can think of is "Bow to the left, bow to the right" , and the dosey doe kind of thing. It was about a young couple that went to a square dance. I remember the CMT video was in a barn. It said something like... (and this is probably not much help) the dance ends and I'm back to you... and something about how they were meant to be together. Sorry, that's all I've got right now, and it's been driving me insane for yrs now!
    beautyqueensmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 07:37 PM
    Lionel Cartwright, "Be My Angel"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Title to 80's - 90's Country song. [ 9 Answers ]

Goes: HOney we're living way beyond our means, you better start soaking them pinto beans. Oh Baby we're HOme Sweet HOme

Unknown song from late 80's or early 90's [ 2 Answers ]

Well, my math teacher usually plays this one recording of older music... I don't know what the name of the song is, or the artist. Ha well I don't even really remember the name of the song. What did make an impression on me is that Robin Williams makes an appearance on the video, It was on VH1 and...

80's or 90's dance song [ 2 Answers ]

I need help finding a title or artist name for a dance song I heard at a club the other night. I remember hearing it as a kid but I have no clue of it's artist or title... okay my best knowledge to its lyrics: (something) ,(something) lover I know what you want (something) ,(something) love I...

Does anyone know this 80's or 90's song? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know this 80's song -i don't remember that much the lyrics just these words.. "I Felt the rain fall down in AFRICAA" I heard it the other day and fell in love with it.. please help..

View more questions Search