Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 11:57 AM

Gah internet was down again for a week... Have a very Happy Birthday Bear!

I hope I'm not too late =S
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:04 PM

Not at all unky, thank you :)

I take it your internet is up and running again?
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:10 PM

Yup! :)

I'm warning you though, I might be absent for 2 weeks as from the 26th. Going on a cruise, on the 'Costa Romana'. The tickets had some 25% off or something like that, I'm not quite sure, but it was a good deal. My family never got on one, and I can already see that it'll be all fun! I hear that there is a computer room in there, so, I'll try to check in now and then :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:13 PM

Oh nice that'l be fun :)

Well enjoy your cruise if we don't talk before then :)
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:20 PM

I do hope my internet stays up at least until the 26th :rolleyes:

And oh, it's been 3 weeks now that a monkey here strays (is that the proper verb?) around the neighbourhood... been entering the house once, put a mess with the perfume bottles of my mum, tearing a book cover from my room... We called the police, they informed the wild life company and they said that they'll take care of it. We didn't hear anything for the next 5 days or so, concerning the wild life or the monkey, so we thought that the monkey was taken care of... but no, I saw it today eating fruits... :(
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:25 PM

I understood what you meant after reading further

'theres been a stray monkey wandering round the neighbourhood'

Lol lazy wildlife people
    Just curious but what kind of monkey is it?
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:31 PM

Ah! Thanks for that! :D

It's like an ordinary chimpanzee to me...

Very much like this one:

Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:43 PM

Ahh right, yes does look quite mischievous (sp)

No worries on the english unky, your english is very good and I always understand what you mean, even the bits your not sure if you used the right words :)
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 12:51 PM

Well, it seemed tamed at first sight... and guess what? One of the new neighbours (been here for a year now I think) called him and he came to her! :eek: She said they'd go dancing while my other neighbour (who just clearned a plot of land next to our house to make some cultivations) was freaking out.

Once or twice, we tried to shoo it off the yard/house, and it seemed as if it could leap and bite >.< And my poor dog tries hard to follow it on trees... but of course, it can't climb. Once, it got quite high (50 cm off the ground) and poor her, she was trembling like a leaf just as she looked down :rolleyes:
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 01:48 PM

Having a monkey in the neighborhood would be awesome!. to an extent
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 02:12 PM

There was the monkey once, somewhere in the states, that as a pet, got out of its owner's house and attacked a woman, tearing off your hand and poking out her eye.

Tick
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    There was the monkey once, somewhere in the states, that as a pet, got out of its owner's house and attacked a woman, tearing off your hand and poking out her eye.

tick
    Now you're scaring me tick :eek:
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post

tick
    There was one in the last couple years of a pet Chimp that turned on its owner... chewed her face off and if memory serves me right rippers her arm off. She died of the injuries about a year later. Don't remember the names or details... but remember the indicent.

Monkeys or apes may seem cute when they are younger... but they all get older and really are wild animals... that are VERY strong compared to humans.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2010, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    There was one in the last couple years of a pet Chimp that turned on its owner...chewed her face off adn if memory serves me right rippers her arm off. She died of the injuries about a year later. Don't remember the names or details...but remember the indicent.

Monkies or apes may seem cute when they are younger....but they all get older and really are wild animals...that are VERY strong compared to humans.
    Hey smoothy is this the attack your thinking of? I was watching this several times on the news. So scary.
    Charla Nash, Chimp Attack Victim, Shows Face On "Oprah" (PHOTOS)
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2010, 05:57 AM
    Gosh I am tired. This week has been killing me. I had a total break down Tuesday night. Just came home and cried. Tired, stressed and broke. I am better now. But seemed like every day I had to buy one more thing for another person. Then I find out about this big office party at the new place I had to cook for. Not to mention I get home so tired I can't even eat so I lost weight. This morning I was out of bed at 3:00am to wrap some last minute gifts of my sons. How crazy. I was in bed and couldn't stop thinking of when the heck I was going to get it done. So I just got up and did it. Now its done. Today I have a bottle of wine and the hustling is over and done with. Phew.
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2010, 06:25 AM

Hey sunny, one more day then its over :o

Glad to hear your feeling better now, tis the season to be stressed an all that :)

Big hugs to you :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Aaww.. thanks bear. I am sure I was just venting to myself. All good now. Just cracked a cold one. Have a family member on her way over with a gift for my son. That will calm him down a bit. He is very excited today.

Did you do anything for your birthday? Wild night out?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Hey smoothy is this the attack your thinking of? I was watching this several times on the news. So scary.
    Charla Nash, Chimp Attack Victim, Shows Face On "Oprah" (PHOTOS)
    Yeah that's the one...
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2010, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Aaww.. thanks bear. I am sure I was just venting to myself. All good now. Just cracked a cold one. Have a family member on her way over with a gift for my son. That will calm him down a bit. He is very excited today.

Did you do anything for your birthday? Wild night out?
    Its christmas eve no wonder he's excited :D

I didn't do anything for my birthday, woke up watched some TV surfed the internet went to bed, just a chilled out day :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Yeah thats the one....
    So sad. It was the owner of the monkey that actually died. The one that was attacked had amazing spirit! Poor woman. My heart went out to her.

Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    its christmas eve no wonder hes excited :D

i didnt do anything for my birthday, woke up watched some tv surfed the internet went to bed, just a chilled out day :)
    Hey sometimes those are the best days. I love those.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's chit chat thread part 3 [ 1506 Answers ]

Alty wasn't here to continue it so here it is. Continue your chit chat you chit chatters...

Alty's chit chat thread part 2 [ 1500 Answers ]

Well the last one didn't last long. We really are a chatty bunch. Here's another 1500 posts to fill up. :)

Alty's chit chat thread. [ 1500 Answers ]

You all know that I'm notorious for hijacking threads. I go off on a tangent, drag people with me, and before you know it we're entirely off topic.:o Really, I don't mean to do it, it's just something I do, can't seem to control it. I really am a bad girl, I have to go to KP's room. ;) ...

View more questions Search