Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyshiaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2010, 11:50 PM
    My ex of 6mths is engaged to someone new after 4mth, I'm still in love with her
    My ex of now 6mths is now. Engaged to her rebound of 4mths , I still love her an I'm trying to move on but she still calls me, I don't want to love her anymore but I do , she left me. And why does she still contact me knowing how I feel? I'm so tired of hurting.. please help!
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Dec 6, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Hey! I'm in the same boat as you and I know how much it hurts! I don't understand how someone can be in a relaltionship with you one minute then break up with you a minute later and get engaged to someone else! I think the best thing you can do is to stop all contact with her and try to move on with your life because it will just hurt you if you keep her in your life and it will only make moving on harder! That's what I did with my ex when I found out he's getting married 3 months after he broke up with me! Just take it day by day and try to always stay positive, it's hard but don't give up! Good luck!
    JoeSwede Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2010, 01:30 AM
    Ya, I'm in the same boat here except without the engagement part. I previously asked her not to contact me and it really has been working. I am glad I didn't find out right away about their relationship (completely thanks to NC). When I found out about it, it first felt really really terrible. But shortly afterwards it worked a little bit like some form of closure.

Firstly a relationship like that (rebound or whatever that has only taken 4 months to engage in) is really nothing I would sought after, as this is really the time to concentrate on developing yourself. Concentrate all of that energy on yourself and do everything you can. Don't say no to any oppurtunity as you never know where it may lead you or to what people it may lead you to.

Very cliché, but anything that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Therefore you need to embrace this oppurtunity. Forget everything about her, go NC, delete any pictures you may still have of her, social site connection etc. I wouldn't change my number, she's not worth the hastle, instead ignore her as much as you possibly can. It is really of the essence that you tell her that you don't want her contacting her and that you would be grateful if she respected this.

Life goes on, and it's too short to waste any more time on someone with that kind of reasoning.
    I know it has helped me loads. Am doing everything I want to do and meeting a lot of new people, as well as girls. What's helped besides NC is me being honest about everything to everyone.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
    kyshiaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2010, 01:44 AM

Thank you both , after reading so much on this site I realize that bbecuz we have so much istory and because she knows how I feel about her she is using this a backup method for her to fall back on when this relationship fails, this is not her first time but it will be her last with me. I told her to have a nice life an that I can't talk to her anymore but it seems like we always end up talking. This time though, feels different onlyh because I will be making sure there is no contact, why should I make her a priority when to her I'm just a back up option? Hell naw, I deserve to be loved an treated right. But most importantly I need to love an treat myself right !
    JoeSwede Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2010, 02:00 AM
    Comment on kyshiaj's post
    Nobody wants to be a backup, no less a rebound. Keep on concentrating on you all the time. You will have your weak moments, as do most of us, when you can't help but think about her. But this fades the longer into NC you are. Stay strong!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 08:41 AM

Your right, so ignore her calls, or texts, and she will eventually get the hint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've fallen in love with a girl who's engaged. [ 10 Answers ]

K I need all the input I can get that would be great thanks. So how the story goes is I met my friends sister at work. She has been engaged for 5 years were both 19 yrs old. At first I didn't think nothing of it but as time went by we started to talk more and more about anything and everything...

Married & Still In Love With Engaged Ex [ 14 Answers ]

I am struggling and need advice… 7 years ago I met a great guy on a business trip. I will call him Mr. Charmer. There was something about him and we just clicked. He totally understood me, got my humor, and appeared to be my perfect compliment (emotionally, physically, sexually, etc). We...

Engaged but not in love [ 7 Answers ]

I hope this is not too confusing... I dated a girl (girl 1) for 2 years from 2003-2005. I love her very much. She is everything a man could want... beautiful, intelligent, funny, caring and honest. We are so naturally comfortable together, I had never felt so much love for someone before....

Engaged but not sure if I'm in love [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 23 and been with my partner for a year, he's younger than me and I have three children from a previous relationship, the problem is before I got with my current partner I was deeply in love with a friend for two years and when I finally gave up and got with my new partner I then found out that...

Engaged but still love my Ex!help [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: I am engaged to be married early next year , the problem is that I think I still love my ex with whom I was on and off for 5 years . It was my first love , but we broke up because I was too inmature and my jealousy drove him away. After that he and I both had other relationships ,but...

View more questions Search