Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JDOP Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Nov 11, 2010, 04:47 AM
    I want her more than she wants me
    Hi,
    I am seeing my girlfriend for about 2 months now. One year ago we were also dating for a short period after. Back then I ended the affair.
    The problem now is that I always have to initiate contact. She hardly ever calls or texts me. I am always the one to take the first step, to come to her.

Of course this makes me feel like I want her more than whe wants me, which can be a little nervewrecking sometimes. I hae the feeling that she wants me "to prove my love" to her or something.

I've talked to her about this and every time she waves it off and assures me that I am imagining things and that she really really likes me.

I don't known if there is really a problem, maybe I am just wanting things to move to fast.

Any advice is welcome
    BrandonGT Posts: 34, Reputation: 14

Nov 11, 2010, 05:15 AM
    All right, I have had this kind of thing in the past. Sometimes it is like the girl says, you're imagining it. Sometimes women will actually (gasp!) mess with a guy's head.
    Here's the simple solution: don't initiate. Let her come to you, all it takes is a bit of patient. If she acts upset when she finally talks to you, just apologise and tell her you've been really busy.
    Hope that helps, good luck.
    serenemeadow Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Nov 11, 2010, 05:28 AM
    It takes two for a relationship to survive. If she ignores you, then we have a problem. But if she always comes around and replies, then maybe she is just busy with something or you are 'going too fast'. See how it goes along, and if it hurts you too bad, open up to her and try to have a deep conversation about it.

Question though, how long has it been that she's been acting distant?

Nov 11, 2010, 07:07 AM

I must say that has a very very busy life. She works long and hard and has several time-consuming hobbies.
    It's not that she's acting distant, it's just that I'm always the one to initiate contact and that keeps me wondering if her feelings are really reciprocal;
    I've talked her about it, and she always assures me that I don't have to worry. Yet I do.
    serenemeadow Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Nov 11, 2010, 07:14 AM
    This maybe a sign that you should also start working on yourself and keeping yourself busy. It'll be good for both of you, she won't feel pestered by you and you won't be over-analyzing as much.

Take her word for it, don't worry.

Nov 11, 2010, 04:43 PM

I will leave her alone for a few days and she how she reacts (she working abroad for 10 days now). I find this extremely hard though

Nov 16, 2010, 03:14 AM

Update:
    After afew days of silence, she texts me that "she has a bad feeling" ever since she left. When asked if she want to end the relationship, she answers (by text): "I just need some space...I don't want to hurt you but I feel exhausted".

1) what does it mean. Is she ending it, or not?
    2) should I answer her last text? If yes, what should I say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search