Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cattygirl98 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 10:35 AM
    If my step Mum hates me and isn't in love with my dad is she staying for safety?
    My Step mum hates me and she treats her daughter as if I'm the bad influence and spoils her my Dad is fine with this and I'm never happy she makes everything harder and is not balancing the scales and she isn't in love with my dad but he is her daughter is spoilt and shallow but I suppose she is OK why is she staying?Should I say something to my dad?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 03:16 PM

What has occurred that makes you believe that she hates you or that she isn't in love with your dad?

Is there any reason she may feel you have been a bad influence? Have you made some mistakes and gotten into trouble? How old is your stepsister?

Nov 10, 2010, 01:11 PM
    My step sister is a teen and mainly the problem is that I don't want her 2 break my Dad's heart ye I have made mistakes but she is starting them
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattygirl98 View Post
    my step sister is a teen and mainly the problem is that i don't want her 2 break my Dad's heart ye i hav made mistakes but she is starting them
    There are no buts... you made mistakes, you need to own up to them. Are you older or younger than your stepsister?

Yes, sometimes siblings can wind you up, but you don't have to allow yourself to get caught up in it. That, as you have found out, only causes you to look bad. The same goes if it is your stepmother that gets on your nerves. It happens... be the bigger person, tell her (nicely) that it appears you don't agree, that you're not going to get into it with her, and walk away. If it is something that you feel is truly harmful, and not just annoying, let your dad know.

Be careful that since you are already on the defensive, that you aren't noticing every little possible slight and making them into more than they really are. It is easy to do when you don't particularly get along with someone!

I understand not wanting your dad's heart to get broken. Are there specific things, though, that cause you to think your stepmother isn't in love with him?

How long have you been in a family together? Is this still fairly new? It can take quite a bit of adjustment, and time, if it is.

Do you have other family members you can talk to about how you are feeling?

Nov 11, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    We have been together for around 3 years it was great because we really got on for a few months but she has neva really shown signs of loving dad and it all went pear shaped she keeps telling her daughter that they are moving away but neva do!for a year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do if your mum hates you? [ 17 Answers ]

My mum has just snapped. All angry and Moody. She changes her mind so fast and ruins everything. One day I'm going to aa birthday the next I'm suddenly not allowed. One day she says to put my brother without a seatbelt the next day she slaps Me. She promises me a phone then she swears she's not...

My mum hates me. [ 15 Answers ]

So.. I'm really sad and angry. My mom spends all day talking bad about me and even makes fun of me in front of others in fact I don't have friends except one girl who understands me. My mom doesn't give me any money in weekends and she says that everybody does it if children don't work in home. It...

I think my mum hates me. [ 6 Answers ]

How can you be yourself when you don't even know who that person is? Let alone be "that child" when you didn't know how you acted or behaved like? My mum thinks I'm selfish, rude and a liar. I know she does, she says it every time we are arguing but why is it always okay for her to say how she...

My dad is never home and step mom talks bad about my mom and step dad, I want to mov [ 4 Answers ]

Im 16 years old, and I live in Ohio. Today topped the list of my life. I have a go cart and I messed up our 700 yard driveway. Before they would let me go to my moms for the weekend I was told to clean up the ruts and stuff I made. So I did. Then my step mom came down and asked me to do all the...

View more questions Search