Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Hair conditioning solutions
    I have always dyed my hair at home, just my normal dark brown color with no ill effects, Unfortunately I wanted to try a lightler color (first mistake), I went down to a salon and show her a picture of Carmen Electra and told her basically this is what I wanted. What I ended up with is a extremely deep fried strawberry blondish mess. Nothing like the picture at all, Rather then cry, ran and rave, I walked out calmly, ( a miracle in itself), at 20 I'd have wooped her butt. But now, # 1 how can I unfry my hair it's damaged to the point of hay like qualities, and # 2-- I went and dyed it again brown and it's only so so but at least I don't cry when I look at my head. Tried evey kind of conditioner almost every day, and even mayo, any suggestions?? :( :(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 11, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Carmen Electra has brown hair with blonde highlights. The hairstylist that did your hair was probably inexperienced in coloring. If your hair is really dry, I recommend using a moisturizing shampoo, then use a conditioner afterwards. You should also do a deep condition treatment at least once a week to restore moisture balance in your hair.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Yep I've been conditioning and it's almost normal looking, The worst part was the 2 pics I showed her, showed exactly what your describing, which was what I wanted, so I don't know how new she was, but the only other option is she's blind in one eye and can't see out the other. LOL, got to laugh about it at this point, life is nothing but a chance! Thanks for your reply to my problem, though---appreciate it!:cool:
    bittylynn345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Actually you can use lotion in your hair to help it feel and apear healthier. After washing your hair at night put a palm full in your hair and wash out in the morning and then condition! Gooood luck!!
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 05:09 AM

I'm from the old school, but I still like weekly hot oil treatments!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural solutions [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, is there any natural things I could put on my face to help int preventing wrinkles and to make it glow? My face is oily I used a lot of creams, I do not want to do that any more they made my face very sensetive, I just want to do something natural, I have heard of eggs, oats, honey and many...

Solutions [ 2 Answers ]

How would you prepare 1.00L of sodium carbonate from pure solid?

Sanity Solutions [ 1 Answers ]

I am making the transition from a life of business to one of a practicing scholar and my mind is like a ping pong ball. After 30 years of trying to "make it" in business, I decided last February to go back to school and add the "why" to my "how" experience. I have one more semester (4 courses) and...

View more questions Search