Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 1, 2006, 08:17 AM
    WOW! It is hot where you guys are. About a week ago we had temperatures of about 35 here and I thought we were going to die. I suppose most people where you guys are would have air conditioning. It has cooled off here to the point that our heat came on the other day. It's crazy!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Where you from aqua?

Yes here air con is not a comodity it's a necesity these days!
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Aug 1, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Comment on Krs's post
    Anytime, and the movie was great:)

Aug 1, 2006, 10:06 AM
    I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada.

It seems to be the land of ever-changing weather. I was caught in a hail storm on Saturday! It was so loud and hard I thought it was going to break the vehicle windows. All of that and the kids slept right through it!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 1, 2006, 10:15 AM
    The day my mother decided to move back home was the day I decided that I was going to sleep through an earthquake in californina... lol... I was four at the time. Kids can sleep through anything if your not sneaking around them when their sleeping. My oldest used to fall asleep between the speakers listening to Pantera... lol
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada.

It seems to be the land of ever-changing weather. I was caught in a hail storm on Saturday! It was so loud and hard I thought it was going to break the vehicle windows. All of that and the kids slept right through it!

How bad of me I never heard of Saskatchewan..

I can't imagine living in a place with ever changing weather. In Malta hot summer months from May - October. Autumn - November, Winter -December - March, Spring - April and it never snows here :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 01:43 PM
    PARTY TIME!!

My blood pressure is back to normal, I can party AGAIN!!

Dives in the green jello!! WooHoo!!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Aug 1, 2006, 04:28 PM
    I am not that big on snow, anymore krs, but now that I am living in California, I hear that a lot, that they wish they had snow. Then I tell them, that really it's cool for like a week, but then the shoveling, and the COLD, really sucks. But, like I said, it is something everyone should experience, because really nothing beats a white christmas. Now, I am rocking the palm tree christmas, but I had my days in the sun, or snow I guess.

Anyway, I do have a question it has bugged me for years, and mankind for centuries. How do women shop? I mean I have questions about life and stuff, but they are deep, philosophical, aristotle meets plato questions, but there is a few that have plagued me. One being shopping. For me, and I imagine most guys, it's a hell. I have hated it since I have been a little wizz. Honestly, it bothered and bothers the hell out of me. It starts before I even get there, just the architecture of the place gives me the most giant headache known to man. Then you get inside, and there is an aroma about the place that to me signals death. As soon as I get in there, I just want to break down and cry, I am tearing up thinking about it now. I just want to scream, and like these primal urges come over me and I need to find an escape. It doesn't really matter, who I go with, friends, girlfriend, mom, sister, family, or any combo, it is still doom to the wizz. I hate going into stores, the bright lights, the artificial air. The bags, the stalls, the shops. But worst, the people. OMG. The people, I feel like I am in a can of sardines. Everyone so close, so close. It's freaking me out right now. I don't know why, I just can't stand it. If I do need to go there, and trust me, I would really need to, I get in and get what I need, and leave, as quick as can be. In and out. I am positive, that if I go to hell, upon my arrival, I will be doomed to be stuck inside of a mall forever, and all they would play on the intercoms would be pro-feminism music, like sara mclogin, or melissa ethridge, or that canadian singer who has no idea what irony means.

Aug 1, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    how bad of me i never heard of Saskatchewan..

I can't imagine living in a place with ever changing weather. In Malta hot summer months from May - October. Autumn - November, Winter -December - March, Spring - April and it never snows here :(

LOL... No worries. I don't know where Malta is either.:confused:

Here the seasons are:
    Spring- April through June
    Summer- July through August
    Autumn- September through October
    Winter- November through March

LOL

Well things can very a little and September can be warmer:) and it has been known to snow in May:eek:... LOL. That about sums it up. Last year it was unusually warm:D , but we do usually have lots of snow.:cool:

We don't mind!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid89
    Anyways, I do have a question it has bugged me for years, and mankind for centuries. How do women shop?
    It is not quite the gender thing you might think Wizz... I hate to shop, own less than a a half dozen pairs of shoes and have nothing in my car that isn't car related either, and yet remains the closet girly girl my husband claims I am (whatever that is!? ). How do I shop -- Internet and during off hours is how. Shrugs :o

Dives into the shimmering pool of jello as I yell LIMEY!!!! lol

Then proceeds to explain my seasons here...

Spring - February through April
    Summer - May through October
    Fall - November through January
    Winter - two days somewhere in December, not necessarily consecutively :p
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 05:50 PM
    WOMEN SHOP?! Jeeze I despise shopping, had to take Rae back-to-school shopping today and I only lasted an hour :eek:

Diving into fresh LIME JELLO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Do you mean there are actual SEASONS??

Here in Tennessee is is either hot or hotter, take your pick!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
    I grew up around Lake Michigan where you can get 10 inches of lake effect snow and the winters were brutal sometimes, now here in Texas not only have I not seen any snow but they shut everything down schools, businesses, and the whole city when they have bad weather. We walked to school in blizzards and Whizz, the malls are always open no matter the weather, and all the females in my family would love to shop till they drop but thank goodness they run out of money (YOUR MONEY) first. The only stores I go into sell food or liquor.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 06:29 PM
    You grew up near Lake Michigan??

Oh, man, don't tell me it was near Grand Rapids, Zeeland or Holland areas??

I thought I saw you nakie before!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 07:34 PM
    HaHaHa, no no I grew up in Northern Indiana where the deer are delicious and the corn is plentiful My child hood was spent running around in the woods building tree houses and cleaning out chicken coups. I woke to roosters crowing and if you ever saw me naked back in the day you'd never forget it as I was a REAL hard body and that's the only reason my wife married me anyway! Shhhh... thats why I married her too, cause she is fine as cat hair... and cooks like .mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 1, 2006, 07:43 PM
    Hope everyone is surviving the heat. 106 degrees (41 Celsius) and very humid in Providence, RI today. Almost sorry I left the house. :p And tomorrow is supposed to be the bad day!
    Thank God for the people who love their SUV's and AquaNet. Can't wait until we all spontaneously combust! :rolleyes: :)
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 07:49 PM
    Thomas 117/70 today!!

YeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwww!!

Heat Index of 106 back east?? Sheesh, time to stay indoors, or jump into some lime jello!!

T-Man I know for sure that was you running through my back yard as a kiddo...

Don't even try to deny it!!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 1, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Awesome! :) Glad to see it's still lowering. That's probably better than mine at this point. :)
    Yeah, it almost never gets that hot anywhere in New England. Thankfully, I have no where I need to be tomorrow. I'm not leaving the house until after dark.
    One day this summer I'll get out for a swim. Haven't done so in years. Jello would probably just melt and make a big mess in this heat. Need some Sour Skittles to go with pessimistic attitude. Used to like those until they took them off the market. :)
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Aug 1, 2006, 09:17 PM
    Hi, I am new but thought I would pop in.
    Our temperature dropped to the 80's the past couple of days. Thank goodness. I had clients in the mountains today and it was wonderfulllllll there. I hated to come back. I love snow, but after Christmas I am ready to go to Arizona until spring.
    I rather love cherry jello, actually. A little tidbit about Lime jello, there is more lime jello sold in Utah than any other. For some reason mormons love lime jello.

Aug 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    LOL... here, it seems to be cold or colder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search