Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SONOMAMA29 Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Aug 26, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Court appointed visitation for disney dad, does she have to go?
    My daughter will be 5 in sept and her LOVES her dad. He doesn't have enough time in his busy schedule of being unemployed to call her or even see her. The last time she went to his house was dec 13, and she came back pooping her in pants for 3 days and woudlnt speak a word to me for 4 hours. I can have this visit for 5 days for her to go to the bronx where I don't know where she is sleeping or what she is even going to do there. He doesn't even know her. My lawyer said I can go to jail if I do not let this visit happen, JAIL? Come on? What are my options and please reply if you have children and are in a similar situation or are a lawyer or a judge, I live in NY
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 03:57 PM

I don't think you can go to jail for not letting this visit happen, sonomama. Your lawyer was probably making you aware of the gravity involved in you fighting this visitation. You were probably giving him (your lawyer) a hard way to go. You shouldn't do that because you will need him in the long run to fight for your rights.

No, I haven't been in this position but have read enough threads over the years here to know what you mean. Sit down with your lawyer, in a civilized manner and discuss your options; which will be another court date to change these options, but at the present time, he is still her dad and the court is aware of that.

Tick
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 05:23 PM

Yes you can go to jail. Its called contempt of court. And you could lose custody completely. Its called parental alienation. So as tickle said. Your only resolution is to go back to court for a modification. But being unemployed is not enough to try to get a change.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 05:57 PM

Yes, if you fail to provide the child at the date and time ordered in court papers, the bio father can file in court to have you found in contempt of court.

The court can give him other rights, more visits and even put you in jail for short time for contempt of the court.

Will the judge ? Who knows,

Next of course if she LOVES her dad, then she would like to go with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corrupt Court-Appointed Attorney [ 12 Answers ]

Now that my 6th Custody Case has been finalized. Yes! My 6th. The children are now 18, 16, 14 and 13, and - I've been enduring courtroom battles for over a decade! Anyway, on the onset of this most recent child custody case, the children were appointed an attorney by the court. From the beginning,...

Is court appointed attorneys good or am I jail bound like everyone say [ 3 Answers ]

I was charge with theft from a business I have no money is a court appointed attorney OK or am I jail bound

Court Appointed Attorney [ 1 Answers ]

How would I be able to change my court appointed attorney? I live in the state of Florida, he just doesn't show up for court.

Stepmom visitation while Non-Custodial dad deployed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I still get the court ordered visitation ordered for my husband and have visitation with my step-daughter while her father is deployed in the Army. The mother is the custodial parent and is refusing to allow me visitation; she says I have no rights to see her, only her father has visitation. ...

Court ordered visitation [ 51 Answers ]

Can the mother of my child make it so that my parents cannot pick up my child for the time till I get home from work? Court order states that I get him for a mid week visit.

View more questions Search