Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susi21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 09:45 AM
    Waking up and seeing a ghost staring at you
    I woke up in the middle off the night in the dark and seen a girl aged about 18 with long black hair,tracksuit on standing with her elbow on my speaker and quickley swicthed to the other elbow,she didn't speak just stared for about 3mins
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 10:04 AM

Probably a subconscious dream, reminding you to start running again or exercising. Could have been something you ate before going to bed.

I'm sorry.. I do not believe in Ghost or spirits. When you're dead you're no longer on this earth. Someone else on this site
    May be able to tell you what this means but I'm a skeptic when it comes to this.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Hi, susi21!

How much light was in the room when this happened, please?

Thanks!
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2010, 11:58 PM

You might have just been imaginging things. It may be something you were thinking about before or while you were sleeping. It may have been a shadow of something in your room. Just like kitkat I don't believe in ghosts so yep that's it from me! :)
    Peacefulearth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 01:51 PM
    I too have woken in the night being stared at. It was definitely real. I woke my husband up right away. My aunt has these sorts of things happen to her too. I've inherited this tendency from her. It is helpful to burn sage in your room to clear out the restless spirit so they can move on and you can sleep.
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

May 28, 2010, 02:33 AM

My mum has apparently seen a ghost before...
    Sweetie10126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 04:01 PM
    Really a subconcious dream and a stomach ache don't listen to them I woke up in the middle of the and seen a ghost staring at me your not crazy or halucinating in the house I live in now I see my moms boyfriends dead dog turbo before I even new he previously owned a brown pitbull and I later learned the ghost I saw with a tuxito on previosly hung himself in MY room on the day of senior prom you don't have to be scared of them most of them don't even know you exist hope this helps sorry it's so long :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie10126 View Post
    Really a subconcious dream and a stomach ache don't listen to them I woke up in the middle of the and seen a ghost staring at me your not crazy or halucinating in the house I live in now I see my moms boyfriends dead dog turbo before I even new he previously owned a brown pitbull and I later learned the ghost I saw with a tuxito on previosly hung himself in MY room on the day of senior prom you don't have to be scared of them most of them don't even know you exist hope this helps sorry it's so long :)

Thread is almost two month old.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Aug 10, 2010, 12:15 AM

It could be this.
    Hypnopompic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 03:32 PM

I've seen, heard, and felt ghost before and not just at night in the middle of the day too... I'm not really sure what they are or what they want, but I just pray over the house for God's holy spirit to be with me and it goes away. They can't hurt you, but I think they can scare you good enough to make you hurt yourself. They usually don't bother christians. I'm christian and a romanian (gypsy) so I kind of know a thing or two about ghost
    Isafjordur Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 03:52 PM

I believe in ghosts/spirits. I think what you saw could have been real, but there's no way to be sure. Did you know the girl?
    adam112C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 04:07 AM
    Hey ,I have had two "encounters" and I think they are very real.. once I was on holiday and I woke in my hotel room to a old woman staring at me .I freaked out and turned on the lights and she was gone ,the next second I turned them off she was back ,she walked over to me and placed her hands on my face and I got a massive cold shiver.. then she just disappeared .the second time was 10 years later also staying in a holiday home and woke up to a young man about 30cm away from my face ,this may sound extremely stupid and crazy but I jumped out of bed and tried to fight the man.. he ducted all my punches and dissapered when I cornered him in the door.. the weird thing was was that my sisters friend stayed in the same bed that I did the night before as they left for home the next day .she had a extremely bad nightmare and she said it was like someone was "holding her down"
    Im not to sure if anyone else has had these same type of experiences but yeah ,I don't no really what to think of it all.
    wilsonp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 01:53 AM
    I was sleeping at my boyfriends house, looking after his dog whilst him and his mum were on a vacation. There were a few sightings of a ghosts in this house, one outside the window that had only been seen once and one in the hallway. The one in the hallway lives there, and is seen regularly by myself and all my boyfriend's family members. It's just a shadow that you see in the corner of your eye and turn to look and she's gone, she just walks past. My boyfriend's mum's friend is a psychic and a few years ago, she told my boyfriend's family about the ghost, that she was a lady, and she was friendly ghost and she will do no harm. She has been there the whole time they've lived there and nothing bad has happened. But this one night when I was sleeping there whilst they were away (his grandmother and uncle lived there too so I wasn't completely alone) I had been asleep for about an hour I think, and I was randomly woken up. I looked to my right, it was pitch black, and I saw a man. When I first woke he was right close to the bed leaning down, but he gradually backed away to the wall which was about a meter from the bed. I couldn't see exactly what he was wearing because it was pitch black but I knew it was a man. I reached my hand out as if to touch him but I didn't feel anything so I knew it was a ghost, or I was going crazy. I was growing more and more aware as he was standing there, and I knew I wasn't dreaming. I was terrfied and I was screaming my boyfriend's grandmothers name so loud, yet she didn't wake up. I even threw a pillow at the ghost and he didn't disappear. After about three minutes of my hysterics, I stumbled for the TV remote and turned it on. The moment the faint light arrived, the ghost had disappeared through the closed door. It was about 2am and my heart was beating rapidly, and I was so scared I didn't get to sleep till 7am :(. I don't know who this ghost was and why he only came when my boyfriend was away, as I've slept in this bed many times and nothing like this ever happened. But I sure know I wasn't dreaming, and I've never seen anything like it. The dog, a 2 month old siberian husky, was sleeping on the end of the bed, didn't panic or bark, so he must've meant no harm considering animals know all about the paranormal and what not. So just to let you know, you're not crazy (: otherwise than means everyone else who sees ghosts is too :O and that'd be a LOT of people.
    :)
    ambroseinfinity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 08:07 PM
    Sometimes we wake up slowly and carry our dream in part to a conscious level. If the ghost remained after you awake then we have a different encounter. I have been in part awake and have seen strange things and people. In logic I could state that this was something fading from my dream. We must remember that most of our dreams we don't retain after we awake. We must not jump into the ghost idea suddenly. Not to say it does not happen,it should be better to save the thought for last.
    daisy2020 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
    Maybe it was your dream. Or it was a ghost. Or it was your imagination. It's hard to tell. Just say something to it.
    tabane27 Posts: 14, Reputation: -8

Mar 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Wooow I totally believe you... when I was sixteen I woke up to hearing scratching, I ignored it at first as I was half awake. Within a minute I woke up fully as my feet were being tickled as I really hate that. I turned around to see what was tickling me, horror! Couldn't believe what I was seeing. A tall thick black shadow of a man standing at the end of the bed looking at me with these big glowing white eyes. For a second I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming still. I was scared for only a minute, I was staring into its eyes as it was looking back at me, I can't even explain how bright the eyes were, nothing I've seen before. Looking into the eyes of this figure I calmed emmidiatly, when I finally had a good look at this thing I kept my eyes on it as I woke my boyfriend at the time up. Give him a good yank to wake up, he saw it too. He wasn't scared of anything but this thing scared the hell out of him, he hid under the duvet squeeling like a kid shaking asking what was it. I turned for 2 seconds and it went. Next day my boyfriend refused to talk about it and also he never slept in there again till he plucked courage up. I've searched everywhere to understand what this thing was, psychics say they don't know. I've seen many spirits since I was little girl and none of them looked like this. It never had features just a dark noticeable shadow, obvious of a man from the way it stood, masculine. The window in the bedroom was directly behind this shadow thing and a street light that leaves the room lit up than dark. I went to bed with the window closed, this figure stood in the way of the light, the window open when he was there, but when he vanished within the second the window was shut and it never even made a noise. Now peeps explain that one :)
    alwllms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Did you find out why ghost stare at people? Forget the other opinions, if your topic is paranormal why should the comment with nonsense like; Sorry, I donīt believe in ghost, or indigestion, or imagining... anyway, I have had this happened, with different energies (ghostly apparitions) some are little girls, some old woman, other man, tall man, silhouettes in ceiling or the floor, but all are just looking at me... I do wonder why also... it should mean something, right?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
    No, it doesn't mean something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Name of movie: Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling [ 1 Answers ]

Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling out of a window; man who ghost thinks of as worthy of being his predecessor

Staring to people [ 4 Answers ]

happy95 I am new to this site. My question is that I am very shy person by nature right now I am facing a problem that I stair at people I didn't know why I do this. I think I am over conscious that people are watching me what they are thinking about me right now I am in a big trouble because...

He keeps staring. Does he like me? [ 21 Answers ]

I like the same guy I did when I made other posts and I have a question... So this guy stares at me everyday, goes close to where I am, gets his friends to ask things about my life etc. but he never talks to me, and when he does he starts the conversation but never really leads it on... ...

The best staring 5 (from 1983 to present) [ 8 Answers ]

PG Magic Johnson SG Michael Jordan SF LBJ PF Dennis Rodman C David Robinson PG Jason Kidd SG Kobe Bryant SF Scottie Pipen PF Tim Duncan

View more questions Search