Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lollylegs_leslie Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 07:39 PM
    I am embarresed
    My friend is coming over shortly and I am embarresed because I don't have any cool toys such as playstations or a wii we don't have a lcd TV either I am worried she might think my house is boring and that I am poor or something what should I do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 07:43 PM

Make brownies or cookies. Create a collage out of old magazines with lots of pictures. Play board games or put together a jigsaw puzzle. Goof around with each other's hair by making pigtails or french braids (but don't cut it!).

That's what girls in the world used to do before PS was invented.
    lollylegs_leslie Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 07:44 PM

Thanks that sounds like a bit of fun.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 07:48 PM

Play Concentration. Take a deck of cards, lay them face down, then take turns and turn them over four at a time to find matches. Read to each other.

Ask your mom and dad what they did when they were your age.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 08:34 PM
    Obviously you have a computer.

Is that available to you? Lots to do there.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 08:41 PM

If your friends are like mine,they come to spend time with you because they enjoy your company and vice versa.

Never be ashamed of what you have. Some folks don't even have a home or parents. You are lucky. Have a good time.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 08:51 PM

When I was young my friends would come over and we'd have a makeover night. Makeup, nails, hair, toes, you name it. We had a blast.

We'd also read magazines, talk about the guys we like, the girls we don't, make popcorn and watch a chick flick.

There's tons of fun to be had without video games. I didn't even have cable TV when I was a teen.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    When I was young my friends would come over and we'd have a makeover night. Makeup, nails, hair, toes, you name it. We had a blast.

We'd also read magazines, talk about the guys we like, the girls we don't, make popcorn and watch a chick flick.

There's tons of fun to be had without video games. I didn't even have cable tv when I was a teen.

OH gosh Alty that's a great idea.:)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    OH gosh Alty that's a great idea.:)
    Come on over Kit, we'll have a girls night, I'll get the blood red nail polish and we can rent Steel Magnolias. It'll be a blast. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 08:59 PM
    Come on over Kit, we'll have a girls night, I'll get the blood red nail polish and we can rent Steel Magnolias. It'll be a blast. :)
    I'll bring the popcorn and rootbeer and Kleenex. I love that movie.:cool:
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Aug 7, 2010, 02:40 AM

There's tons of fun to be had without video games. I didn't even have cable tv when I was a teen.
    I still don't have cable TV yet! Mind you that's partly a UK thing, we are way behind with the cable, but still I'm in a minority now. As a teen my friends and I would love dancing around to records (yup vinyls), doing each others makeup and generally gossiping. Sometimes not having playstations and the like to hand makes for a lot more chat and fun.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 04:06 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Great suggestions!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 04:06 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    That's sound like fun for all ages!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relapse.Embarresed about how I acted last night [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there Last night, I had a few drinks, and Ive had a relapse after two years of being better. My ex girlfriend had cheated on me, I was starting to fall for her. Which is hard for me, as I never let anyone get too close to me any more, but I did this time, and it hurts. I ended up trying...

Embarresed about my body, do I really need to keep hiding away? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 21 and embarressed about my breasts. There's a medical name for my problem 'tubular breasts'. It's not so much the breast that I'm worried about because they're very small anyway so the weird shape isn't so noticeable but I hate my puffy, sticky out areola. I'm so embarresed by them that...

I'm Really Embarresed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey.. I have these small skin coloourd lumps around the botom of my penis, and quite a few on the back of it. Propably the shaft but I don't know what that is. I really need to get rid of these as people are pointing them out in the showers at my high school. I need a way to get rid of them! I've...

View more questions Search