Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Millydogz Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Jul 27, 2010, 03:06 AM
    Dog uses bed for toilet
    I have had my dog for about 6 1/2 years. She has recently started using anyone and everyone's bed as a bathroom. There is a doggy door that she can use to go outside, but she never uses it for some reason. How can I get her to use the doggy door instead of a bed for the bathroom?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 10:41 AM

Has she had a vet check recently?
    Sudden changes in behaviour are often caused by a medical problem. She may have a urinary tract infection or plain incontinence.

When does she do it? When you go out? Have you seen her actually squat down and pee or are there just 'surprises' for you to find?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keeps peeing on my bed! [ 3 Answers ]

My dogs name is Skylar and I have had her sense she was a little muffin. She is now 3 years old and she keeps peeing on my bed for some unknown reason. Skylar is a very smart dog. She has been potty trained sense 1 year old. She NEVER goes on the carpet and NEVER goes anywhere but outside. We have...

Dog on bed [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know why dogs like to sleep by the feet on the foot end of the bed?

Dog won't go to bed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 month old Jack Russell in the last few months she will not go to bed without sitting at the backdoor and bark for two hours. I have tried everything including squirting her with water and using an ultrasonic stop dog from barking. There is nothing different we do with her at night than...

Cleaning a dog bed [ 10 Answers ]

Silly question but... how often should I wash my dog's bed? I got one with a removable cover so that I can wash it, but now I'm wondering if dogs find it more comforting if the bed smells like them (in which case, I'd only wash it if it gets dirty) or if it should be washed more often.

My Dog won't sleep in its bed! [ 2 Answers ]

We have just got ourselves a 2yr old golden retreaver. She is generally a well behaved well trained dog, who has taken to our children very well. Our only problem is that she won't sleep in her bed. Even if we try and put her in it she cowers back and struggles away. Its almost as if she is...

View more questions Search